The coolest Asana rules 😎

I’m hoping to create a new rule which will add an assignee based on Project Roles.

I’ve created a custom field of “Task Owner” Example some tasks are always assigned to the team assistant, some to the product developer and the designer. Each team and each product will have a different assistant. So I’d like to create a rule that when I assign project roles in the Project overview it automatically assigns each task to my team for said project.

Tips?

1 Like

Roles in Project Overview are not available in Rules, so really no solution there…

would you mind showing me how to create this rule?

Thanks!

@Bastien_Siebman: I’m curious if we can create a rule in which the project status changes (say “contracted”), create a new project in a certain team.

Thanks!

Hi,

Rules in Asana at the moment only apply to tasks, not projects. You would have to use 3rd party automation tools like make.com or Zapier.

Thanks for explaining this rule, but is there any how to ? Thanks a lot :blush:

How to use Zapier you mean?

oh yeah, sorry, I meant that there are no screenshots on how to set up the The Standup Robot :slightly_smiling_face:

Here you go, the standup robot.
CleanShot 2022-12-09 at 08.39.11

Where can I find the Out of Office rule? @fitz2 Thanks in advance

@Dieter_Ceulemans1 this is a rule you have to create yourself in your My Tasks.

1 Like

Hi @Dieter_Ceulemans1,

It’s not any type of pre-built rule; it’s a custom rule you would create using the Asana rule builder (Business or Enterprise subscription required) like this:

2 Likes