The Asana for Nonprofits Community Forum Revamp is HERE!

Hi folks :wave:t5:,

My name is Hella Abebe and I’m delighted to welcome you back into this space dedicated to our nonprofit organizations. We have exciting new updates to share and it’s because of your feedback, your voice and your support that we’re able to bring this vision to life. From “Tip Tuesdays” and “Feature Focus Fridays”, we hope our new content empowers you to learn more about how to best leverage Asana to achieve your missions and have conversations with other nonprofit professionals around the globe.

Watch the video below and reply back to some questions so I can get to know you all just a little bit better :slightly_smiling_face:.

• Where are you located?
  • What organization are you representing?
  • What are you most looking forward to in the Asana for Nonprofits revamp?
  • Any random or fun fact you want to share?

Feel free to also add me on LinkedIn*

Thank you for your continued dedication and service to your missions.

Hella (hey-lah)

10 Likes

Great that you’re making this happen, @Hella!!!

• Where are you located?
    San Francisco

I am focused on helping nonprofits as an Asana Services Partner at Trilogi Solutions

Learning and sharing

I host a Free monthly Asana AMA for Nonprofits
    Using Asana nonstop since 2012!

Thanks for doing this,

Larry

1 Like

So excited for this!

3 Likes

Beyond excited for this, Hella!

• Where are you located? New York
  • What organization are you representing? Asana
  • What are you most looking forward to in the Asana for Nonprofits revamp? Hearing from our wonderful nonprofit customers!
  • Any random or fun fact you want to share? I recently took up glassblowing as a hobby!
2 Likes

:wave:t5: @lpb the reigning Asana champion!! So excited to learn from you as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wave:t4: @Alex-Lyons wohooo! Still mind blown with the concept of glassblowing.

1 Like

:wave:t5: @pdmcdermott Nice to meet you! Also, SO COOL! A fun fact to your fun fact: The Obama Foundation is one of our customers in the NP community too :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • Where are you located? Chicago!
  • What organization are you representing? Asana :slight_smile:
  • What are you most looking forward to in the Asana for Nonprofits revamp? learning, connecting and growing with you all.
  • Any random or fun fact you want to share? I’ve never tried chocolate
1 Like

Hi @Hella and Community :wave:
My name is Hari Arti and I’m excited to be here…

• Where are you located?
    Berlin, Germany

BridgeFlow, an Asana Solution Partner mainly serving clients in EMEA

Being able to share insights around how Nonprofits can best use Asana to be more efficient

I worked at WWF Germany for 2 years, used Asana for my project, tried to implement it in the entire organization, failed (due to different prioritize in the digital transformation strategy), then started my job as a Asana Consultant, managed a large Asana roll-out at WWF UK with now 100 users.
    Besides that, I’m really into rapid surfing (we have an indoor pool here in Berlin)

3 Likes

@anon50218963 - nice to e-meet you and waving hello from Chicago! Also, what a fun fact - rapid surfing sounds like a ton of fun! Excited to have you in the space to support and contribute your expertise in our NP Forum.

1 Like

Hey @Hella!

I’m in Grimsby, ON representing Bible League Canada and most looking forward to use cases (particularly fundraising campaigns!)

Random fact to share is that I’m currently studying for my PMP! :open_book:

1 Like

Hi @Danielle_Poulton! Thanks for sharing and so great to see you in the forum :wave:t5:. Fundraising campaigns are a hot topic and I’ll definitely keep this top of mind for future posts.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 Like

Hello @Hella !

I’m in South Bend, IN in the U.S. I’m representing the University of Notre Dame, and I’m hoping for more nonprofit use cases for projects that last a year or longer.

My fun fact is that I’ve worked in a variety of non-profit areas including primary education, community and post-secondary libraries with patrons ranging from infant to elderly, international missions, local charities, and now post-secondary education.

3 Likes

Hi @Emily_Tacoma! So glad to see you in the forum and your impact across communities/organizations is inspiring to read!

Can you some examples of what use cases you’d like to see more of?

What I’m specifically looking for is somewhat unique as I keep track of the timeline, tasks, documents, communication, etc. for faculty appointments, reappointments, promotions, and tenure. But there are some case studies that I believe could be adaptable.

So far, it seems that many projects depend on a form to gather information for a project. That isn’t necessary for what I’m doing. I want to create an overall template for a timeline/timeframe that lasts 17 months with prompts to let me know when I need to take action or follow up. I have started working on an overarching template for this in Timeline view with dependencies, but I haven’t seen anything like it in Asana’s case studies.

An adaptable suggestion could be grant tracking insofar as tracking data for a specific grant. The case studies I’ve seen involve a large picture of grants applications and such, but I haven’t seen a specific case study about managing a specific grant. Grants tend to have stipulations about how funding can be spent and sometimes include processes/procedures that must be done.

I hope that gives some insight!

1 Like

@Emily_Tacoma,

I don’t have a specific case study to point you to (sorry!), but perhaps the workshop I did for/with Asana could help. I tried to give all the generic advice I could, including a recipe and checklist, for building whatever unique workflow you’re faced with:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like