šŸ† The Asana coolest projects Award

Congratulations to all the winners, @Julien_RENAUD, @anon44120363, and Nicolas Gron (who it isnā€™t letting me tag for some reason), as well as everyone who submitted their projects for consideration!

There were SO MANY amazing projects to review ā€“ we were all feeling very inspired by the work everyone is doing :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Congrats @Julien_RENAUD, @anon44120363 and Nicolas :tada: and thanks to @Bastien_Siebman for organizing :clap:t3:

5 Likes

Thank you very much @Bastien_Siebman and the Asana team for organizing this contest :+1:, thank you to the jury and of course we are delighted to have won it :grinning:

Itā€™s a also great opportunity to discover other great achievements : bravo @anon44120363 and Nicolas :clap:

Julien :grinning:

7 Likes

Wow thanks everyone - Asana team, jury, @Bastien_Siebman - what an honour :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations @Julien_RENAUD and Nicolas, so inspiring to see the amazing things others are doing :smiley:

6 Likes

Awesome !!! Congratulations to the winners @Julien_RENAUD @anon44120363 and Nicolas , great projects. Great initiate @Bastien_Siebman

3 Likes

Congratulations @Julien_RENAUD very creative indeed :clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

This is really cool @Julien_RENAUD . How did you put green ticks in your tasks ? Thanks

1 Like

@Pipa, You can copy/paste this emoji: :white_check_mark:

Larry

2 Likes

You can also click the right mouse button and select ā€œEmojiā€ to have access to a full choice of Emoji.

1 Like

@Pipa, and if you work on a Mac, you can also use the ā€œShift+Cmd+Space barā€ combination to bring up the emoji pane and select your emoji from there! (This trick works on any application you have on your Mac :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome, for me it was cmd+control+spacebar though. French keyboard I guess.

1 Like

As promised, youā€™ll find below the other submissions, by decreasing order of points received! (the best ones are first)

Congrats to everyone for your great projects, the jury was impressed! The feedback from the jury has been shared privately with each author.

:star: Content support template for ~ private ~ customer :star:

Bio: Project Manager @ YNC Digital Agency, Brisbane, Aus.

Description: This is our content support template. We do similar content support for all our SaaS customers, so a COOL project template had to be built!

Our goal was simple - KEEP IT SIMPLE, SMARTIE. There are enough projects our there that are filled to the brim with tasks and I wanted to change that.

On the left, you will see our sections: Project Management for all things briefing and post-project, Support for all things ā€œsupportiveā€, then our activities including a Customer Story and Social Media. Keeping this seperate gives clarity, whilst still keeping everything in one place.

We have also included our customer into the Asana mix with the new approval state that we are just LOVING! These, along with milestones, are double-tagged into a private project just for our customers - this allows the customer to see when they are needed and when things are due or complete (they love it).

On the right we have our due dates and assignees as usualā€¦ but this is where it gets fun. Our team drop-down is automated to change the assigneeā€¦ need to collab on a task? Need some advice from your co-workers but have no idea who can help? Easily assign by selecting a team (e.g. Performance, Content, Design, Dev etc.)! Next up the Review Stage - this includes anything from edits, customer reviews and internal reviews (these also automate to move the task forward a day so the team isnā€™t expected to do their edits the same day). Finally, we have the estimated time, which helps us, project managers, to keep an eye on budget, along with our friend EverHour. And finally our state, Open, Withdrawn or Hold. When this is changed the project manager (me) is alerted so I can check what the heck is goinā€™ on!

With all that together, we have a sexy, cool & super simple project.

Thanks Asana for all you do!

:star: Social Media Sensitization :star:

Bio: My name is Danilo Trinidad PĆ©rez-Rivera. Iā€™m a Puerto Rican student-scientist unraveling networks: mostly neurons, sometimes people.

Description: My project really excited me because it gave my team members a sleek format to illustrate step by step how we could put together a potential scientific paper in record time. The topic also makes it super cool: climate change has led to rising sea levels, warmer sea surface temperatures and an increment in Catastrophic Hurricane formation. Taking advantage of Big Data to help elucidate Social Media dynamics could be instrumental in the tailoring of emergency preparedness plans and the effective design of mental health first aid strategies.

The key components to the project are really clearly just using Timeline Sorted by Assignee, while coloring according to a custom field for Completion Confidence, and marking dependence relationships for arrow labeling. These key components all lined up perfectly for us. The underlying sections for this were essentially the standard sections of a scientific paper (Lit Review, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, References).

:star: End to End Job Planner and Tracker :star:

Description: This project, CGD Production, plots and tracks the life of each of our jobs from receipt of a purchase order all the way through to shipment of parts to our customers. Each job is a Task within this project, and we use numerous Custom Fields across all of our jobs for key metrics, such as the status of inbound parts, the status of any documents our Customer must approve, and the status of our internal work process. Each job Task is also associated with a unique Asana Project of the same name, and that Project allows each job to have itā€™s own Timeline, which is very useful for creating schedules with dependencies (as creating dependencies on subtasks is not as intuitive, and lacks the strong visual of the Timeline. Individual contributors are assigned tasks on the job, and are also given the responsibility to update the custom fields as the jobs move through our process. Our custom fields enable stronger reporting. Iā€™m also using a combination of a tag (in this example FEB) and the revenue field to generate a revenue forecast by month for this line of business (with the help of the API).

:star: #Fight4Literacy Game Team Management :star:

Bio: I am the Operations Manager of a nonprofit located in Memphis, TN called Coaching for Literacy. I found and introduced Asana into our team a year ago and have since been affectionately dubbed ā€œMother Treeā€ because my coworkers seem to think I keep everyone and everything in line.

Description: Our organizationā€™s main initiative is #Fight4Literacy Games - NCAA coaches wear bright green ties to raise awareness about the issue of illiteracy. This project manages all of those teams for us so we can see who is hosting this year, who hosted last year, who is in/out, who is a visiting team, etc and ensure that we have all of their information and that weā€™ve tackled key things for each team like ensuring they are on the schedule, on our website, and not just a fundraising page but most importantly an Asana project has been created for them to name a few. Additionally this helps us project who we intend to partner with in the upcoming year. Not to mention within each ā€œtaskā€ (team), are ALL of the details we need for that team, contact info, game details, fundraising website, etc. With over 90 host teams and visiting teams, we have to be on our A-game to ensure we stay on top of everything and this project helps us do that.

:star: Books! :star:

Bio: Hi there, my name is Ankit Agarwal. Iā€™m an entrepreneur/investor and have been on Asana for 10+ years. I use Asana today to organize my personal life, my venture studio and investments.

Description: I import the list of books in my Amazon Kindle into Asana on a monthly basis, add a few helpful parameters for categorization, and use it as a way to remind myself to keep reading throughout the year.

:star: Company Resources and Asana Forms Directory :star:

Description: This project was established to house important resources and the variety of forms weā€™ve created in Asana. Prior to this project, we found that our Operations team was being asked the same questions from multiple individuals (ā€œWhat do I need to do to request vacation time again?ā€ or ā€œWhere is that form that lets me submit my missing projects?ā€), and this project now serves as a single go-to place for the entire company to find the resources they need and saves us all time we wouldā€™ve otherwise spent searching for the applicable form or answering questions related to our company policies. And we made it cute and fun with the use of emojis! šŸ˜

:star: Steering a company structure within Asana :star:

Bio: Iā€™m the Digital Team Lead at Made, a design and innovation studio in Antwerp (Belgium) where we innovate the products and services of our clients.

Description: At Made we practice Holacracy, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance, in which authority and decision-making are distributed to teams or circles.

Asana empowers the different roles we have within the company by creating projects per circle and giving everyone the transparency to see the progress within each role.

This stimulates internal projects that matter, and otherwise might get lost or overpowered by client projects.

:star: Disaster Response 2020 :star:

Bio: Nerdy Asana fan who loves the structure and discipline Asana provides while still allowing me to have fun.

Description: This project is a template that is used for a disaster relief organization. The tasks arenā€™t assigned as team members change from project to project. The time frame column allows us to organize tasks by when in the process the task must be completed. The time estimate allows us to make sure our volunteers are clear about the work they are committing to and helps us make sure we donā€™t lose volunteers when we need them most.

The task descriptions contain all the needed info to facilitate moving fast and being able to collect, sort and distribute donations as quickly and in as organized a fashion as possible.

:star: Book Launch Checklist :star:

Bio: Hello, My name is Barbara Ramirez and Iā€™m Passionate About Helping SMBs Organize & Prioritize Through Goal Systems & Powerful Platforms Like Asana. Iā€™m a focused person, meaning when I take a project I dedicate my full attention to it and the deadline. Also, I keep daily communication of the updates to my clients. The most I like about being a VA is that I can work either from home or outside and this allows me to have more quality time in personal things, Also I really like to help others to reach their goals.

Description: What tasks do you need to get done in order to properly launch your Book? Want to get it done in 50 days or less? Are you working solo or with a Virtual Assistant? Well, this is the go-to project for that. Base on different experiences this project will cover all the tasks needed in order to launch a Book in just 50 days.

:star: Wave Release Microsservices Platform Roadmap :star:

Bio: Agility enthusiast helping teams deliver the best experience to the customer

Description: The Project is a complete Roadmap vision of multiples ā€œAsana Projectsā€ and ā€œAsana Teams Kanban Projectsā€ to deliver a Micros-services Platform trough Sprints. The entire company has a unified vision of the stage of Platformā€™s delivery, and what is the next priority increment to be delivered. Itā€™s been delivered in waves (identified as ā€œOnda 1, Onda 2, Onda 3ā€¦Onda 5ā€) in order of priority.

:star: Roadmap for productivity (accountability coach) :star:

Bio: Hello, My name is Barbara Ramirez and Iā€™m Passionate About Helping SMBs Organize & Prioritize Through Goal Systems & Powerful Platforms Like Asana. Iā€™m a focused person, meaning when I take a project I dedicate my full attention to it and the deadline. Also, I keep daily communication of the updates to my clients. The most I like about being a VA is that I can work either from home or outside and this allows me to have more quality time in personal things, Also I really like to help others to reach their goals.

Description: The best way to make your plans and keep yourself and your team accountable in one project where you can brainstorm, outline your goals and monitor your weekly plans.

:star: Zettelkasten - or - My digital book project :star:

Bio: IĀ“m AndrĆ©, Start-Up CFO at Altruja in Munich, Germany. We develop Online Fundraising Tools for Non-Profits and try to help them make the world a better place.

Description: My project is about writing a book. I read a lot of books and discovered connections between many of them. Those connections are mostly hidden because these books are not necessarily related to each other. Due to the desire to make those connections visible, I decided to write a book myself and to bring everything together in one place. However, gathering and connecting this amount of information from many sources is not too easy. Then I stumbled upon the Zettelkasten-Prinzip (invented by Niklas Luhmann and explained by Dr. Sƶnke Ahrens in his book ā€˜How to take smarter notesā€™). It is a principle that systemizes organizing knowledge into a hierarchy of single notes. The main principle is ā€œOne thought/quote goes on one noteā€ and notes receive a fixed number. Your first note e.g. is ā€˜1ā€™. A second note, which might thematically be completely off note ā€˜1ā€™, is note ā€˜2ā€™. But you can go deep and set up a structure of thoughts under note ā€˜1ā€™. So note ā€˜1aā€™ is created as a ā€˜following thoughtā€™ to note ā€˜1ā€™. This can infinitely go on. My screenshot e.g. shows my note ā€˜5d3b2aā€™ and the task levels above it, so itĀ“s a thought on the 6th level and there are many other branches before it. So far I have created approximately 1.000 notes (1 note = 1 task) that are organized in that way which took me about one year so far, as a side project in the evenings.

Why did I use Asana for this? I tried a lot of tools some of which were explicitly designed to be a ā€˜Zettelkastenā€™. But Asana has all the features you need to set up the proper environment. Notes can relate/link to other notes and connect branches that werenĀ“t connected before. You can add TAGS, you can add the notes/tasks to other projects later on, e.g. single book chapters. Around this book there are at least 10 more projects where I store further thoughts, book structure, principles, marketing plans, to dos and so on.

Now I take this connected information and organize it into book chapters and the ā€˜Zettelkastenā€™ helps me think and dig down into topics. So the writing has already taken place for a great deal of the book and now itĀ“s time to bring it into order and make a great book out of it šŸ™‚

By the way, my book will be (in short) about fulfilling ones wishes, finding out which wish is beneficial and which is not, achieving goals and how science, psychology and the right hands on tools can get you anywhere. So Asana is the place to show how it works!

:star: Onboarding New Employees to Asana :star:

Description: Onboarding New Employees to Asana

Bio: At Social Factor, every employee is required to use Asana on a daily basis, (to keep up with tasks/client work, time tracking, etc.) and when we initially rolled out Asana as our new project management tool, our COO and Operations team created this Asana onboarding project with the help of articles from Asana and pieces we found useful when learning more about the platform on our own time. Itā€™s a series of tasks that now live in our New Hire Checklist project so we can be sure to assign them to new team members. The tasks serve as a self-guided tour of Asana so that employees get a sense for the vocabulary, how to navigate around the tool and Social Factorā€™s expectations for using Asana. It helps ensure weā€™re all on the same page and gives our new employees a project they can focus on during their first few days of orientation.

:star: Content Planning Project :star:

Bio: Lover of all things Asana

Description: This project is used for content planning purposes. It allows any team members to add content via a form and it is automatically added to our list. Then we can sort it by what type of content it is, what channel it will be distributed on and which website it is appropriate for. This helps us to make sure that our content is balanced so we are providing content to all of our clients at all interest levels.

6 Likes

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to share everyoneā€™s work @Bastien_Siebman, Iā€™m sure it will inspire many Community Members!

5 Likes

Is there going to be a 2021 award?

2 Likes

I did not plan on doing a new award this year, I do have two big initiatives in the making instead (a new book and a secret project :stuck_out_tongue: )
Feel free to organize it yourself!

2 Likes