Task moved to a section in project A, move task to same section in Project B

Hi there.

The goal I am trying to accomplish is to copy the task and most actions applied to it from one board to another. For example, if I add a task to a section in Project A, the task should be added to the same section in Project B. I already have that part working. Unfortunately, when I move the existing task from one section to another in Project A, it does not move sections in Project B. The notifications show me that the rule was triggered; however, the task remains unmoved in Project B.

I have added a screenshot of the results. I was expecting the sections for both projects to be “Backlog”, since I created the task in the Ready section and moved it to Backlog in the Template project. However, only the Template project’s section changes; the Tooling project’s section does not. In the notifications, it tells me the rule was triggered, but it does not seem like it.

The rule is “Task moved to a section - Backlog” → “Add to another project - Tooling Kanban, Backlog”.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong and if there is anything I can do to fix it. Thank you for your help and time!

Hi @Jessica_R, thanks for reaching out!

Do you have a Rule set up in both project A and project B to move the task to another Section? If you wish to move the task in project B, you would need to set the Rule up in this project also (not just in project A).

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi there Rebecca!

Thank you for your response. I am curious how that would work. I am moving the task in project A to section 1, what rule would correspond to make the same task in project B move to project B’s section 1?

Hi @Jessica_R,

This thread discusses how to do this:

Also you might want to upvote this related thread:

Thank you for those links. I thought there was a chance the rules did not need to exist in both projects. I upvoted the second link, fingers crossed it gets implemented. Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.