Taking bulk actions in Asana List view just got easier!

Hello Marie,

I think this was stated in a similar way above, but I got this new feature today and it appears to offer no real new functionality while taking away some significant features I used to use in my workflow.

Previously when I selected multiple tasks I could see a “combined” task details screen that allowed me to update all custom fields, dates, assignees, etc in one place

No longer being able to see the task details when i select multiple tasks means that I am no longer able to do any of this as easily. Instead, I need to update fields in the “spreadsheet” view, which is much less clear that it is actually going to bulk-update. I can use this to bulk-update things like assignee and due dates, which is fine, but was much easier and clearer under the old system

The SIGNIFICANTLY worse problem is that now it appears that there is no way to update numerous other fields at all by bulk anymore. Any custom field that is on the project but is not set to display in the task view can no longer be updated in bulk at all anymore. Even worse, things that ARE on the task list view don’t appear to be editable in bulk anymore either. Specifically, two major things I used constantly (using the combined task details to add multiple tasks together into a new project, and into a different section of the same project using the drop-down) appear to not be possible anymore under the new bulk action flow. I can’t see any way to move bulk tasks between sections without dragging them (which is very difficult on projects with hundreds of tasks and multiple sections), and I can’t see any way to add bulk items to an additional project at all (clicking the “project” field in the task list does not do anything).

Honestly, I am usually all-in for all the new changes and features Asana releases, but this one does not seem like it was well thought out or is just not ready at all. I think this should be reverted until it becomes possible to access the same “combined task details” view that we previously had using the new system.

Thank you

6 Likes