Switching from Boards to List View (and vice versa)

Bastien!!!, This makes perfect sense. I will give it a spin when I get back to my home office.

/ Ed

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman - how do we do the reverse - take a list project and make it a board??? The last I see from Asana is a few years ago and it said they were actively working on it. I canā€™t find it. Any update from Asana Developers?

Doh- I dug in a little more and see that asana is saying the feature will be out in the next couple months.

You use exactly the same technique, create the board project, and multi-home tasks into it.

Any update on this feature? (ability to switch a project from boards to list view - and vice versa?

1 Like

This feature will come once the migration to the new data model started/is done. See Reminder about two big upcoming API changes (String IDs and new sections) - #10 by Joe_Trollo

2 Likes

@Marie - are you able to give us an idea of when that might happen? That is HUGE issue I have and it would solve so many problems for me and my team.

Hi @Kari_Stober,

Just like we do for all updates, this new feature will be rolled out gradually! Weā€™re hoping to start deploying it in the next couple of weeks; but donā€™t worry, Iā€™ll update this thread as soon as we start deploying it, so youā€™ll automatically get notified!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I can confirm that the rollout is happening. I am a part of a few asana orgs and the one org has the feature. I thought I was seeing things which lead me down the rabbit hole; ending in this thread.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a little more information courtesy of a developer-focused post:

8 Likes

Thanks @Phil_Seeman :wink:

Thanks Phil, does this mean once a workspace is migrated I can switch between list and board or does this feature to be released in a next step?

I believe thatā€™s correct - once youā€™re migrated, you should be able to switch. However, @Joe_Trollo, are you able to confirm if thatā€™s the case?

Yes, thatā€™s correctā€”the rollout of the ā€œboards to listsā€ UI feature is aligned with the migration.

7 Likes

omg i am so excited, that are really great news :sun_with_face:

and how long will the migration process last for 100% of the Accounts. Do we talk about days, weeks or months?

@OSTMOST, we do not currently have estimates for how long it will take to migrate all Asana customers. We will have a better projection when the migration is steadily underway.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Will there be a chance to manualy start the process for individual accounts? Or beta tests? We would be happy for every week earlier we could switch between boards and lists.

Hi @OSTMOST,

Unfortunately, weā€™re not able to manually opt users in but we will make sure to regularly keep you updated in the Forum as we make progress! Thank you so much for your patience and interest in this new feature!

@Marie Whatā€™s the update on this? Really need to exchange over list view and canā€™t risk losing all my tasks or making a mess of my workspace with duplicate channelsā€¦

1 Like