Suddenly Can't access to some apis, like task or make queries

Hi,
I’m running an app since years, sudenly it stops to access to some parts of the asana.
I’m getting error 403 from workspace typeahead query (with this params:
playload = {“type”: “tag”, “query”: tagName, “count”: 100} )

The error comes with the following text:

‘\n\nERROR: The request could not be satisfied\n\n

403 ERROR

\n

The request could not be satisfied.

\n
\nBad request.\nWe can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.\n
\nIf you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.\n
\n
\n
\nGenerated by cloudfront (CloudFront)\nRequest ID: hQi-8N7KPmd9ozIHVbqmqApnlIkFr38JtKPnBgRYoE9ch_FzMAm9SQ==\n
\n\n\n’

Also comes with a url, if I put in my browser (where I logged) I get a valid answer.
But form my app client token not.

The token looks good, I have access to task, and other resources, but not to typeahead

Please advise.

Hi @Manuel_Quinteiro,

Most likely it’s related to this change:

As mentioned in that post, you can try sending your request to https://deprecated-api.asana.com/api/1.0; if it works, then that change is the source of the error.

2 Likes

It is not, the problem was the parameters, “type” was deprecated, Actually I already migrated from payload to url parameters.

playload = {“type”: “tag”, “query”: tagName, “count”: 100} )

Thanks anyway for the interesting link to that post.

1 Like

HI @Manuel_Quinteiro,

Glad you resolved the issue. For anyone else coming across this…

As @Phil_Seeman mentioned, we had an infrastructure change recently which prevents us from accepting GET requests with a body. In this case, the typeahead endpoint is a GET request. Removing the body from the request is likely what fixed the issue.

Excerpt from the post on this:

• GET requests with a body Historically, our API has been lenient in accepting GET requests with a body and ignoring the body content. Moving forward, any GET requests with a body will be rejected with an error.

Sorry for the inconvinence,
John

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.