Subtasks view in a customisable order

Hello Asana Folks,

Here is a case I have and I am wondering if anyone of you think this would be a good idea.

When building a project with some tasks, I use the subtasks for some level of breakdown of events. In other projects, I use the subtasks to track feedback from certain indivuduals on the progress of some milestones.

Currently, the view of subtask always appear from old to new. So if I have a list of 10 subtasks, the very first one I entered appears on top - even when I mark it complete.

I would really like the ability to view the subtasks in chronological order (upwards or downwards) depending on the stage I am at.

This would be the flow easier. Why this implication:

1. Because when I have a list of 10 subtasks and I need to enter 11: I have to scroll down to entre the 11th rather than have the newest on top
  2. Because if I am using this task as a visual, sometimes I want the incomplete tasks to appear first for ease of context and the completed ones at the bottom for reference. Saves me from scrolling up and down when presenting.

Thoughts?

Hey @Rashad_Issa, thanks for providing this feedback! We do have an existing #productfeedback post for a similar request (reverse chronological ordering) if you would like to add you vote to this! Sort subtasks in reverse chronological order

I won’t merge your posts as the requests are not the exact same! :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted if our Product team makes any changes here :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Rebecca_McGrath i have upvoted that feedback too!! That is a good starting point to have before moving into full customisation view :clap:t3::raised_hands:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like