Sorting tasks by Project

We would like to see improvements with the sorting functionality.
Our team’s pain point:
When looking at search results, we’d like to be able to sort by project
(For the record, we’re only using search results to do this because of this known problem with tasks in templates showing up in the My Tasks page: Project Template assigned tasks show up in My Tasks automatically), and then have the tasks within each project sorted by due date, ascending.

We are a real estate and property management company, and use a series of Asana templates to manage our workflows. Specifically, we have templates for each stage of the property management process. For example, we have a template that we use to launch a project for each property for an End Of Lease scenario. As we manage 100+ properties, we can have between five and ten of the same End Of Lease projects active simultaneously. Sorting the tasks by project is an easy way for us to keep an eye on what needs to happen with each property. Unfortunately, currently the tasks within each project are being sorted in a maddening/haphazard way.

I can provide screenshots and more documentation if it would be helpful. Please do not be afraid to reach out if you have any questions. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @BrettInSeattle :wave: Thank you for reaching out!

In order to better understand your issue, the screenshots or a screencast illustrating the behaviour would be really helpful. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing the Screenshot publicly in the this thread, feel free to DM me (You just need to click on my name above and select “Message”).

Please note I have moved your comment into a brand new thread to concentrate on your issue. Looking forward to your reply!

Natalia,

Thanks for reaching out. I didn’t see this until just now, when I came back to check on the status of this. I’d be happy to share screenshots and will do so shortly. Thanks.

Brett