Small but great feature with Copy and paste of links

I recently discovered a neat little feature when adding info into the description box of a task.
In the past If I wanted to copy a link into the description I would do the following:

1. Copy link from somewhere
  2. Past link into the description box
  3. hover over the link in order to edit the link
  4. Rename the link

Now you can save some steps by doing the following:

1. Copy the link you want to past into the description box
  2. Highlight the text in the description box you want to link
  3. Past the link. That’s all! This will create a link with the text you selected and the URL will be added.

Here is a screen recording of how it would look like:

Task: Pasting a URL into the description box - Asana — Watch Video

24 Likes

What is this black magic?!? :laughing:

So instead of clicking the link icon in the text editor after highlighting the text, only to then paste the link… you just paste the link over the highlighted text… hmm :thinking: - would have never guessed that works.

Nice trick, @Paul_Grobler!

4 Likes

This is great @LEGGO, thanks.

1 Like

That’s Great Tips @Paul_Grobler!

If you’re windows 10 user, you can also enable clipboard history.

What it does is basically store all the copied file or text. Usually we will paste using the ctrl+v, but instead, try using win+v, a popup box will appear and you can choose what to paste.

Here’s mine for example:

And yes, you can also store image file and paste in asana as attachment.

I find it efficient and time saving to copy bunch of text and paste each of them by using win+v without having to repeatedly ctrl+c and ctrl+v

4 Likes

Awesome @Paul_Grobler didn’t know that one will definitely be using that…

@Leonarce thanks for that tip as well didn’t know that will be very useful… Because I didn’t know how to enable it for everyone else search for clipboard settings to switch the history on…

Jason.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Paul_Grobler,

I discovered this a while ago and I love it too!

3 Likes

You can follow this link to enable the feature: Clipboard in Windows - Microsoft Support

1 Like

Now this is a priceless tip!! Thanks a lot @Paul_Grobler :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

3 Likes

Thanks, @Paul_Grobler, that’s very cool - I didn’t know about this feature, either!

Re. Windows clipboard history - note that feature also allows for sharing the clipboard between multiple Windows PC’s across a network. I use up to 3 different PC’s at times for my business and development work; I love being able to copy and paste from one PC to another!

2 Likes

Interesting! I’ve always used Ctrl+K to hyperlink text. Looks like this sort of saves a step?

3 Likes

@Leonarce! Windows+V is a revelation to me! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi Team, this feature doesn’t work on iPhone mobile app. In fact, I have no clue how to paste a hyperlink to text instead of the full link itself. This short video shows the issue: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @anon73198974!
Yes I am getting the same when trying to hyperlink a text in the comment section via mobile (iOS)
However it works fine in the description section, can you try please?