Sidebar Team Sorting

Hi @Tiff_Setzler, unfortunately no.

The only way to sort the Teams in sidebar is by drag&drop.

Please, please add this - our project managers especially are having trouble with this, but it’s not just them. Can’t just be dragging and dropping hundreds of teams in the hope of keeping them sorted.

4 Likes

I would add the ability to expand and collapse also.

1 Like

I believe expand/collapse is in? Or perhaps you mean that you can also view projects in the sidebar and expand/collapse those at will? @James_Carl

No, I am suggesting Expand/Collapse of Team titles so you can see every Team Name but not the projects on one click. Thus for example you see all departments (if you use for Teams). The current expand/collapse does not do much for me as its either you see everything or just the name Teams. Better to see the Team names. Thanks

1 Like

Sounds like something I didn’t know I wanted but do now. :slight_smile:

Hi Asana,
I suggest to you something really really simple, you should do it probably with less than 10 JS code rows (if you want I’ll can do for you…).

2018-09-05%2015_58_07

Thanks

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Riccardo_Mares; I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Sidebar Team Sorting - #8 by Aaron to gather all feedback on this topic!

1 Like

Thanks. That post is of the june 2017… ;(

My team and I are slowly transitioning to using Asana as our project management platform for our Marketing department. We love the layout and ease of use of the program, but would like to enhance our experience by requesting more organization features, such as filters.
An example of an organizational filter would be to organize the projects/tasks listed beneath the teams in alphabetical order.
I hope such a request is reasonable and will be considered. It would truly optimize our use of Asana!
Thanks!

This would help out my team immensely as well. I work for an educational company and each of our courses is a project. With over 50 courses, our sidebar for Asana is going to get pretty large quickly. Being able to filter things, even alphabetically, would help out a lot.

Ideally, we’d be able to tag projects and create our own custom filters. For example, if I could tag each course with the age range it applies to, and then filter it by that tag, that would help our team navigate the list easily!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @Shana_Cohen! We already have a thread on this topic in the Community, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post to consolidate feedback on this topic; hopefully this is something we can implement in the future :crossed_fingers:t3:

It’s one thing having topics on an existing feedback/suggestion, but doing something about it is a different story. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding this feature would really be beneficial for my company, and many other organizations as well it seems. Thank you!

1 Like

Have you got some news about it?

Not at the moment @Riccardo_Mares but I’ll make sure to let you know as soon as I have some news to share!

Any updates on this? It is a deficiency that causes significant problems for companies with high volume of teams…

After no news for 2 years Im going to assume Asana doesnt care about this, but still… watching and waiting for the most basic and desirable of features…

1 Like

Do you have some news about this useful new implementations?
I try to summarize our needs:

• a filter to search team “inside” the sidebar
  • a expand/collapse all button
  • some order functions, as (manual order, by creation date, by name)

Thanks

Is it really so hard to put a JS filter on the team list?
I don’t understand what is blocking you!

1 Like