Show a warning when assignee is on vacation

Situation:
I have to assign a task with a due date of 4th of July.
The person is already set her status as out of office between 1-10 July.
Suggestion:
Would be nice to have a warning to modify the due date as this person is not available at the given time.

7 Likes

This. This. This.
I need users to have the ability to “block dates” so that no assignments can be set as due on their upcoming vacation days (and days where an event takes place that means nothing else can be done) & assigner gets warning “__ unavailable on due date”.

AND an obvious status setting so that while out of the office it is super visible to everyone if someone is in/out(maybe a ring of color around the user’s icon? green, yellow, red)

5 Likes

Yes! Please! We create a lot of long-term projects, with tasks being assigned 13-14 months ahead! In order to gain a more accurate time-line for task completion and release of the project, knowing when teammates and co-workers aren’t in the office is essential! It is difficult to track multiple people’s vacation calendars, so it would be extremely helpful to be (1) get a warning when assigning someone a task, and/or (2) see scheduled vacations in someone’s task calendar.

2 Likes

We also have problems with tasks assigned on people on vacation and it takes a lot of time to check every time vacation schedule which is in separate project. +1

1 Like

Piping in here to let the folks at Asana know that this would be so so helpful for our team!

1 Like

Absolutely love this idea! I set up tasks for my team by quarter so I already know that certain weeks of the month are a no-go. Allowing users to input weeks/days off would be a great idea so that nobody has items due while they’re out of the office.

1 Like

This would be a game-changer.

Has there been any update on this functionality? I know I can set “working days”, though it doesn’t seem to do anything from an assigning/scheduling standpoint with the new project template.

This would be so helpful, 5 years later!

1 Like

FYI you can achieve this using the If task falls on a holiday or time off… rule trigger in our Flowsana integration.