Set "All Task activity" by default

I strongly dislike seeing “Comments” by default instead of “All Activity”.

Please revert it or let users choose – it’s quite annoying :confused:

6 Likes

Agreed - I added my vote for this change. I’ve grown accustomed to tracking tasks by looking at the activity of the date it was moved into a new category, etc. Would really love to be able to default to “all activity”.

3 Likes

Agree with most on here, having to switch to all activity all the time has been the bane of my existence since it switched. My team relies on the activity updates to ensure the right steps in the process are happening at the right time. The change to defaulting to just comments is inefficient, tedious, and would lead me to choose another product/service for task management over Asana if this change stays in place.

3 Likes

I’d like to chime in and also say I would greatly appreciate it if it “Remembered” what option you picked, as personally I’d greatly prefer “All Activity” as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My team and I strongly prefer the All Activity default. This change is already complicating our workflow and causing confusion in task ownership.

5 Likes

Please change it back to where all activity is default! thank you

4 Likes

My team relies very heavily on the stories/activities to note any date changes on tasks and sub-tasks throughout the course of a project.

Please give users the ability to select a default view between Comments or All Activity.

2 Likes

This should 100% not be rolled out as is. It needs a user-configurable default at the very least.

4 Likes

Fully agree. Not sure why it changed without the option of setting the default the other way. Definitely prefer seeing all activity.

4 Likes

At the moment it’s just an A/B test they’re running. Hopefully if they do decide to implement this “Comment/All Activity” dropdown, they provide the option to set the default, or at least remember the last-selected option. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Agree! - The option to set the default, or at least remember the last-selected option is really a must :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,

Many of us are used to seeing activity (it says what happens to task, if it was assigned to you and much more). Please provide option to see all activity by default, the new feature isn’t working well for us.

Kindly,
Maciek

7 Likes

+1
Honestly it’s such a downgrade. I appreciate the new feature, but it should be possible to set a default behavior. Honestly, it would be best if Asana just remembered what was the last selected option. If I choose All activity on some task, Asana should remember it for every task until I change it back to Comments.

7 Likes

It took me about 10 days to figure out how to view “All Activity” again - I thought something was broken.

I 1000000% agree - we need to be able to set our default view on our profile somewhere. My team all wants “All Activity” - not just comments.

7 Likes

Please bring back “All Activity” as the default. Or make it a setting.

Asana, what is the delay?

2 Likes

+1 for “All Activity” showing by default, or having the option as an Admin to toggle the default here.

1 Like

I find this the single most annoying thing Asana have implemented in a long time. I use the activity feed on every single task I view (and there are a lot !), and having to change the setting every time is WAY beyond an inconvenience.
I vote for putting it back as it was, or give the user the option to set their own view settings in the profile page.

1 Like

+1, this should definitely be configurable for Admins
Hope that the Asana team will implement this soon :pray:

1 Like

I agree, I prefer the “all activity” as the default

1 Like

Each Team should have a default, which applies to new Projects
Each Project should have a standard, with function at Team level to adjust all projects
Each user defaults to the project setting, unless they explicitly set their preference.

Add a hint for users (and existing projects) that there is a new setting available to configure this.

Have existing projects default to what is closest to what it has always been.

This workflow will prevent any end-user annoyance, while offering the controls desirable.
If all these types of settings are done the same way, then adding new ones becomes a trivial task.

1 Like