Sections with no tasks showing up in 'My tasks'

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
In ‘My Tasks’ view when ‘Incomplete tasks’ option is selected, sections with no incomplete tasks in them, from archived projects are still showing up and there is no apparent way to hide them.
Strangely enough sections from live project are not showing.
These sections should not be showing up here.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Archive an old project that has sections in it and has all tasks completed and tasks are asigned to you.
  2. Visit the My Tasks section.
  3. Switch filter to show only Incomplete tasks.
  4. Observe list of sections from archived project stil being displayed on the bottom (even though there are no incomplete tasks in them).

Browser version: Any. Bug shows up regardless of the browser used.
Windows, Chrome Version 103.0.5060.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

@Jakub_Wang,

A long time ago, Asana changed the behavior of sections and, even though some may prefer otherwise, they are operating as intended and not seen as a bug.

You can delete these sections if you want to with the “…” menu next to it. If you have any complete or incomplete tasks in the section, they will be deleted too if you go ahead after the warning, so you may first prefer to show all these tasks, multi-select them, and drag them to another section, then delete the empty section.

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

Hello @Jakub_Wang,

I am not sure this is a bug :slight_smile:

The sections that you see under My Tasks are not pulled from any project. You create the sections in your My Tasks. Although you might have named them exactly like those you have in the (now) archived projects, there is no connection between the sections in your My Tasks and the sections in your archived projects. My assumption is that you created those sections when they had a use before you archived the project.

You now simply have to delete the unwanted sections in your My Tasks . You will notice that the sections in the projects that you have archived will not be affected, nor will their tasks.

:red_circle: Just make sure to keep the completed tasks which are probably still organised within those sections. The tasks in those sections likely belong to those projects. See the screenshot below for the right option to choose.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rosario

1 Like

Thank you, this clarifies things.

It got me confused because I’ve never used My Tasks view in the past not to mention create new sections there that would contain hundreds of tasks from other projects. And all these sections matched existing sections in archived projects.

Having investigating it a bit further I think these section were created by the system internally when they transitioned from colon created section to the new way they operate now. I found archived projects that had tasks with colon at the end that were exact same like the section names.
I.e. in the section Careers I would have unassigned task Careers: just below it. I think that’s how these sections were accidentaly created in My Tasks view as well.

Nevertheless, glat to know I can delete these sections now without affecting the archives.

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.