Say Hello to Project Templates 2.0!

I finally could an article talking about the new project templates.

Templates are used in our organisation to launch quickly projects in a waterfall approach. This means a clear chronology/dependency system is in place. We have subtasks to avoid having extensive lists of tasks and to overpass the limitation of the dependency system.

The new template system is again another stone in our shoes for many reasons and I’d like to have the choice to get back in time for many reasons:

• No timeline view : How do you want to structure dependencies if you can’t have a clear overview of your project?
  • Update subtasks : No subtasks visible in the template mode. Again how do you want to make changes if it’s not even accessible?
  • Due date setup : Following the above points, if adding a new task or updating due date, the current system makes it unreadeable. Having the calendar appearing was helping to know which day each task should go.
  • No colour choice : By default we have a grey icon. No way to choose the icon/colour upfront for the template. We have template for setup vs on-going projects with different colour scheme to identify quicker what projects is in which phase. Our Project Managers will have to manage again another small unnecessary step.

I’d like to have the choice to get back to the old system which was much more flexible.
Your new system makes our life much harder as we will have to keep a project which will be updated regularly and then exported and then used and then recoloured accordingly… The interface is sweet and good looking, but sometimes less is more. Templates as saved projects was straight-forward and meaningful for us.

I hope you can apply a quick solution to allow us to get this flexibility back!

1 Like