Saved view tabs to be supported in Project templates

Saved view tabs are awesome. But, currently, they cannot be setup within a project template so that they are predefined for a project that is created based on that project template.

Currently, you need to set up view tabs manually each time, or as a workaround, duplicate a regular project, which unfortunately loses out on all the functionality of Project templates.

Please add support for saved view tabs in Project templates :pray:

PS: this would require Filter, Sort and Hide buttons available in the Project template editor, as well as retain column widths and positions, solving numerous other feedback requests. Hopefully this would also add support for Dashboards to be setup in Project templates too.

8 Likes

This is really needed!

1 Like

@Richard_Sather this would save us so much time!! We have a LOT of ‘prep’ tasks in our standard project template that this update would instantly eradicate. Currently, each time we use the template (and before we can get to project-specific actions), we have to:

• Remove a number of the default tabs
  • Create a number of new tabs (each having various filters and certain fields ‘hidden’ + all needing to be renamed)
  • Re-order the final list of tabs
  • We then have to clear and re-create our custom Dashboard charts.

Other than the amount of time it takes, the room for error is substantial. Having the option to save view tabs in Project templates would be incredible! And if that included the option to setup Dashboards too, we’d be over-the-moon!

Voted! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I feel your pain @Alex_Berger , you’re definitely not alone!

1 Like

I have the same need. In my case when I create a template I only want the project to have a list, I don’t want a timeline and the other types of tabs. At the moment when I create a project from template I need to manually delete all the tabs that are created. Any work around?

2 Likes

Hi @Carme_Cortada , welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks for chiming in here and adding your voice for the Asana product team to review and consider your pain. Unfortunately, there is currently no workaround, which led me to creating this feedback request.

In case you haven’t done so already, please don’t forget to hit the vote button in the top left corner, at the very top of this thread.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Sather,

I also voted for your feedback. I have the same need to save view tabs in Project templates to use them in the projects.

Thank you for reporting it!

1 Like