Reports showing archived projetcs

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: reports are showing tasks of archived and open projects when 2 days ago we were able to see just open projects as we need

Steps to reproduce: see the image attached

Browser version: it occurs on every browser (chrome, brave, etc)

Upload screenshots below:

@David_Henriques I believe this is expected behavior. You’ll see in this post that Archived Projects became searchable at the end of 2019: Searching Archived Project Titles - #37

One way to avoid Archived Projects showing up in a search is to move them to their own Team. This way you can use the “In teams” filter within the Advanced Search and exclude the Team of Archived Projects. The issue being there isn’t currently a means to search items NOT in a specific Team. That option as well as other creative solutions are all part of the #productfeedback here: Option to exclude archived projects/tasks from search

@LEGGO, a few days ago it was working properly, based on that I would say that this is not an expected behavior.
Problem is that I’m getting projects for multiple teams so we cannot apply the solution you mentioned. Additionally if I do that when I try to sort by project Asana keeps loading and we cannot see anything.
So that I would need that solved and working properly as it was before.

Hi @David_Henriques :wave:t2:

As mentioned by @LEGGO, you can use the “In teams” filter within the Advanced Search to search within specific Teams or a single Team.

Regarding the problem you’re encountering when trying to sort by project, could you please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if any of these resolve the loading issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

Has Asana made any change that affects the way it was working before?

As I mentioned, we are getting projects for multiple teams and we cannot move every archived project to another team or teams.

Is there any way you may do a rollback to get the same behavior we had a few days ago?

Thanks in advance

Hi @David_Henriques, when you say you are getting projects for multiple teams, can you confirm if you have tried to In Teams filter mentioned? Are you looking to find projects in just a single team?

Hi Rebecca,

It’s the same behavior, I keep seeing projects which have been already archived. And there’s no filter for archived projects.

Do you know what changes has Asana made in order to create this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hi @David_Henriques, at this time I cannot see that any specific changes were made to the archived/Advanced search feature.

To look into this further, I suggest reaching out to our Support team by following the steps below. The Support team has access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team to be able to look into this further for you.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.