Reorder custom fields when adding task to more than one project

Hi.
When applying a project tag to a task, the Custom fields are not sorted in any obvious way. this is especially clear when a task has to travel through 2 or 3 projects.

Steps to reproduce:

• make 3 projects (1-2-3)
  • apply Unique custom fields to each project
  • make a task in any project and tag to an other project
  • go to the project and tag to the next project
  • observe order

Suspicion:
the custom-fields is sorted by the created project order and not by Tag order or
project names. bus as project comes and goes - it is currently not possible to use custom fields and tag at the same time if an order is required.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Officiel version) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

HI there Asana - Any Ideas?

Hi @Jon_Jessen, welcome to the Forum and sorry for the delay. We really appreciate the detailed report. In fact, since the task is multi-homed in different projects, the custom fields appear in the order they were added to the task, and it’s not possible to change this order. I’m sorry for any inconvenience. I can certainly understand your point and we will definitely keep this on our radar. If you don’t mind, I’m, moving your post to the Product Feedback section so that you and other users can vote for this feature. Please let me know if you need anything else!.

Hi, thanks for the replay.

i may have misunderstood you…but… the custom fields does not appear in the order they are added to the task. If i Tag from project 1 to project 4 to project 5, they always appear 1-5-4.
I just need to know why this happens, so that i can work around it. if i need to make new projects in a special order i can work with it for now. but with 20+ users we may need a more permanent solution, as “project comes and goes”
Can you guide me with a work-around? we can skype or something?

Sorry for the delay, @Jon_Jessen! We were double checking this with our developers and they confirmed that the Custom Fields should be ordered based on the order of Project creation and then the order of fields within them. However, when you have multiple Projects added to a task, and Custom Fields across multiple Projects, this can get a bit confusing. At this time, we do not have a workaround for this situation, but they will keep this on their radar. Please let us know if you need anything else!