Remove Upgrade button & Orange banner

We would also like to remove the obnoxious “Upgrade” button that’s red, orange, and purple! We are paying customers.

2 Likes

This has been an issue since 2017 ??? Please remove the Upgrade button, particularly for paying customers. How on earth have you not at least provided an option to hide it?

2 Likes

It was removed on our setup, it shouldn’t persist. Asana support dealt with it for us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please ditch this, “used car salesman” can’t be a brand value right? We are PAYING CUSTOMERS.

2 Likes

Agree this should be long gone for paying customers.

1 Like

My team chose Asana not because of its features, but because of its UI. Our team upgraded to premium because we determined those are the only features we need right now. Not business; not enterprise; but premium.

Every time I’m on the Asana dashboard, I am constantly confused by the upgrade button being shown, even though I’ve subscribed to the premium package. Consistently makes me wonder if I’m subscribed.

I should not be forced to upgrade to the business package in order to remove the button. What happens if I go to the business subscription? Will I still be shown the upgrade button because I’m not subscribed to the “enterprise” package?

I do agree that the option to upgrade should still be prominent. However the upgrade button would be better suited to the “overview” section via “about my organization”, where it talks about billing.

I feel like we must review our decision regarding Asana if a simple button cannot be hidden and the only response from support is:

We currently don’t have any plans to < insert requested item here >

We all know that that is speak for “We can’t publicly say no.” And with the number of topic’s I’ve seen about this issue, its apparent that others feel the same way about this issue that you (Asana) feels is a non-issue.

The banner and buttons are basically saying this to your paying customers:

Thank you paying $10.99 per user every month. If you no longer want to see the upgrade button after upgrading from freemium to premium, please increase your monthly payment to $24.99 per user.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @anon58664108. Unfortunately, as it stands for now, we don’t have plans to remove the upgrade button. One workaround we’ve received from our users is to utilise an extension to help remove the notice from popping. See more details in this comment. I’ve also gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback!

Adding my voice - the upgrade button and all of the ‘gotcha’ marketing in the app is really obnoxious. I don’t mind some of this on the free plan. After all it is free but once you are a paid customer? This is tasteless, cheap, and unfriendly towards your customers.

4 Likes

I use Asana daily, as does my team. We pay multiple thousands of dollars a year to have several advanced features which my 20-person team enjoys.

I wanted to share feedback that I find it the “Upgrade” button distracting, as it’s one of the brightest and largest interface elements on the screen (and a permanent one, since it’s on the header). It is unnecessary and obnoxious.

If you have features that are worth an upgrade - great. I can learn about them and decide what plan I want my team to be on. But I shouldn’t see a freeware-style reminder every time I use the application. I have already conducted the cost-benefit analysis to select the plan I have.

Please find a way to advertise the more premium features in a way that is less annoying and distracting, especially for already paying customers.

Thanks,
Paying Customer

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, @David_Appel! We currently don’t have plans to allow the user to turn off the business options when they are on a premium plan or to completely remove the Upgrade button, apologies for any inconvenience. We have an existing thread in our #productfeedback category related to this topic. One workaround we’ve received from our users is an extension to help remove the notice from popping. See more details in this comment

I have gone ahead and merged your thread with Remove Upgrade button & Orange banner to centralize feedback.

@Emily_Roman, your solution only works for the web app, and not the desktop app.

It would be helpful if you could explain why you won’t add this feature, and if you agree with everyone here about how obnoxious that button is.

2 Likes

@Emily_Roman is there any progress here? We’re considering moving to another service because it creates additional difficulties when we invite clients as guests on their projects and they keep seeing the “upgrade” button. It gives the impression that the service is a lower-grade than the premium features we already pay for.

2 Likes

I was considering Asana for our team, but glad I checked this thread and saw Asana has no intention of hiding unusable features. I’m kind of shocked by their commitment to keeping something so useless and obstructive! We’ll go with a different software.

When you remove all the Upgrade buttons, banners, and unusable features, I might consider joining. I’ve never encountered this with any other freemium/subscription software before and it’s definitely a dealbreaker.

4 Likes

I agree - it really feels like upgrading to Premium wasn’t enough lol…I hope Asana gets on board with adding limited use for goals/portfolios for premium users - I think all paying users should have access to all the features in limited capacities depending on the plan you choose. I’m not alone in this here, so here’s hoping. But I do also feel like why pay $20+ per month when your competition is throwing more eggs in the basket for $5+ per month…it won’t make sense for a lot of folks to stay with Asana.

3 Likes

One more ‘downvote’ for this obnoxious banner…

1 Like

It is annoying and insulting that the upgrade button is showing up in my dashboard even though I just paid nearly $300 to upgrade to Premium. There’s absolutely zero chance that I’m going to need a business plan, however, this button causes just a tiny bit of anxiety. Why do that to your paying customers when part of the purpose of Asana is to make life easier? Please disable it.

2 Likes

I’ll just add my voice to this request. It’s really frustrating that even though I pay $360 per year (I’m a solo user/freelancer paying for the minimum number of seats) for Asana I still have to see that big purple upgrade button wherever I am in the interface. Send me an email now and then asking if I want to upgrade, but please please remove this button!

This tread goes back six years. No solution yet?

Hey Asana Devs! Just remove this:

Upgrade
1 Like
<div class="ThemeableRectangularButtonPresentation--isEnabled ThemeableRectangularButtonPresentation ThemeableRectangularButtonPresentation--large UpsellButton TopbarContingentUpgradeButton-button TopbarPageHeaderGlobalActions-upgradeButton UpsellButton TopbarContingentUpgradeButton-button TopbarPageHeaderGlobalActions-upgradeButton" role="button" tabindex="0">Upgrade</div>
1 Like

This is hillarious. 6 years! I pay almost $800 and still get the upgrade button, and even sometimes a pop-up. Anyone in this thread have the buisness plan? Would like to know if there is a button that asks for your first born child. :wink:

2 Likes