remove team from project

How can I remove a team from a project?

@Patrick_Heijmans2,

All projects need to be housed within a team, it’s part of the Asana Hierarchy. If you need to relocate the project to a different team use the caron next to the project name > edit project details > select a new team for your project.

You can remove specific individuals as member of a project by clicking the “Share” in the upper right-hand corner of your project.

In the same location you can also update the privacy settings so that only project members can view the project, instead of all members of a team.

Christine

Dear @Christine_Bolton
Sorry for high jacking this post but your reply is related to my question.
Why does a Team need to be starred for me to be able to select it in the “select team” drop list?
This was not the case before. Also I was able to just right click a project and move to another team directly, not needed to edit “project details”.

Hi Per,

Welcome to the Forum! I’ll take a stab at answering your questions.

1. As far as I know, a Team doesn’t need to be starred to show up in the “Select Team” dropdown; you do however need to be a member of the team. I tested this in my environment and I was presented a list of all teams I’m in (none of them are starred).

2. I can’t speak to the previous UI, but you can currently open the Project Details pane without having to actually enter the project. If you right-click a project you have admin rights to from the left navbar, there should be an option to Rename. If you click that, it opens the Project Details modal for you to change the team. I know that’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but hopefully it streamlines your work a bit.

1 Like

@Per_Keckman_Persson,

In addition to @Stephen_Li’s great answer…

• Asana did make a change, probably to streamline (for better or worse), and removed the Move to another team menu item
  • The list of teams you see is not a complete list. Treat that field as an autocomplete text entry field so when you type a character or two, the list will change to show teams that autocomplete to your string.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

@Per_Keckman_Persson,

@Stephen_Li & @lpb have provided all of the information I would have, but if you have any additional questions or need more clarification please let me know!

Christine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.