Recurring Tasks on certain day/week of month not the actual day

It would be fantastic if there was an option to say “the Nth day of the week every month” for example, the second tuesday of every month. I have many things I set to do monthly, but I can’t do them during the week, so I want to get them done on the first Saturday of the month.

1 Like

I agree- would love to see the ability to do this!

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been hoping for this too! This is huge because I have several different clients I do work for, and I have a specific day each week reserved for each client. For example, Client A is always handled on Tuesdays. If I could set one task for Client A to repeat on the first Tuesday of each month, and another task for that client on the second Tuesday of each month, my productivity would be hugely improved (and efficiently managed!).

3 Likes

Also, this is a duplicate request of this one: Recurring Tasks on certain day/week of month not the actual day

3 Likes

Please add the ability to select Monthly and Yearly repeating tasks to be on a particular day of the week.

thanks.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. This would be a huge win for the way our team needs to use asana as a Chamber of Commerce with monthly meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of the Month.

1 Like

Hey, Asana.

Your users have been requesting this feature since 2017. 4 years seems like plenty of time for R&D. PLEASE get on this! I don’t want to have to move my company to another project management platform, but I will if they have all the feature we need.

4 Likes

This would be really nice to see still hoping for it in 2021 - get on it Asana :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! This is HUGE for me. We have dozens of these each month, would really love to see this feature added, it would save a lot of administrative work with project management of my team.

Our organization needs this feature as well.

This is a must have as many others have said.

Is asana working on anything?

2 Likes

Bumping this thread as a helpful tool to avoid manual updates being needed!

2 Likes

This is a must-have! I’m so surprised it’s not on Asana, and in fact, disappointed.

3 Likes

Is this on the docket to add this year? I have recurring tasks “monthly” but they’re always on the wrong days since I can’t add “second Tuesday of the month.” Outlook has this option, please add!

4 Likes

First requested in 2017 and we’re still out here upvoting…

2 Likes

Hi
It really is ridiculous that this is not being addressed. My client is an accountancy firm and to be able to set recurring tasks to Business Day numbers would be so useful. However, we even used a finance specific CRM/Project management too tool and even that didn’t have it! How can it be that hard? Massive failing for these companies. Shortsighted.

2 Likes

Asana peeps, what the heck!!!

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH DOING THIS TASK FOR YOUR USER BASE THAT OBVIOUSLY NEEDS IT?

3 Likes

Or, even just a member of the @Forum-team simply checking in with an update? :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

2 Likes

Hi @Jason_Devino :wave: I’m afraid I don’t have an update on this topic at the moment. I will update this thread as soon as I do!

We’re now well into year five of requesting this feature! Adding my voice to the cacophony…this would be a very helpful addition.

4 Likes