Recurring Tasks on certain day/week of month not the actual day

I want to make a recurrent task with a specific date (ex.: 10th ) of every month but sometime the date that I created falls on the weekend… How can I avoid having to change it manually every time?

1 Like

Hello @Liane_Lapointe unfortunately that is not possible yet.
But here is an existing feedback request thread to vote on: Recurring Tasks on certain day/week of month not the actual day

Thank you,

I already voted on that thread; this topic is on high demand! Will Asana make it happen?

1 Like

If only we knew.

2 Likes

We’d love to see this as well!

2 Likes

Just making sure this stays alive. Mind-blowing this isn’t a feature in 2022.

4 Likes

why has this gone on for 4 years!?!?!? Please add this feature it’s so basic and so needed.

3 Likes

Just adding ANOTHER vote on here for this option! It’s coming up 5 years and seems to be a simple option on Outlook. Come on.

2 Likes

Wen this feature?

Being able to select a certain day of the month (i.e. 1st Monday of every month) is a valuable feature. There are many times when a recurring task needs to be completed on the 3rd Thursday of the month (for example). It seems to be a rather simple feature to add under the monthly recurring option. Is something Asana can add?

2 Likes

Hello @Alissa_Prochaska,

I have found an existing feedback request thread where you might want to upvote: Recurring Tasks on certain day/week of month not the actual day

1 Like

Please update us on this request. This seems like a no-brainer, and would greatly enhance the product! Monthly meetings on the first or third week of the month are standard, and tasks assigned accordingly would be very VERY helpful!
Thanks!

3 Likes

This feature would be helpful since the current recurring setting would mess up the schedule. Example, I need a task to recur every Friday, but instead the current setting is limited to the day of the month, let’s say 5th of the month. Not all 5th of the month is a Friday, that’s where the schedule gets messed up.

2 Likes