Questions on Calculations

I’m looking at moving into Asana from Monday. I’m building a deals pipeline, or sales pipeline and it’s pretty standard fare. In Monday we have a deal value, close probability, and forecast value rate. The forecast being a calculation of deal value x close rate (.75 for example).

In Monday this was calculated and just shown on the main Deals Pipline board. My question is how do I replicate this in Asana? None of the charts or reporting seems to allow me to show this on a lead by lead basis (aka a task by task basis as all the deals are tasks assigned to a salesman).

Any tips would be appreciated. Internet searches has not yielded the best results.
Thanks

Hi @Tori2, thanks for reaching out! :slight_smile:

I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #usecases category to make it more visible to those looking to share advice on your specific case.

Hopefully you receive some great recommendations from our Community :slight_smile:

Hello @Tori2,

correct currently Asana only allows you to sum fields but not multiple.

I suggest to upvote here: Computed Fields on Tasks - #32 by Bastien_Siebman

Good news is that there is a solution for you :smiley:

Check out this message from Bastien: Computed Fields on Tasks - #34 by Bastien_Siebman

Jerod needed the same feature which is a probability field and he found a solution. Check out his post.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Andrea. I shared a video explaining the service Computed Fields on Tasks - #45 by Bastien_Siebman

2 Likes