Questions on Calculations

I’m looking at moving into Asana from Monday. I’m building a deals pipeline, or sales pipeline and it’s pretty standard fare. In Monday we have a deal value, close probability, and forecast value rate. The forecast being a calculation of deal value x close rate (.75 for example).

In Monday this was calculated and just shown on the main Deals Pipline board. My question is how do I replicate this in Asana? None of the charts or reporting seems to allow me to show this on a lead by lead basis (aka a task by task basis as all the deals are tasks assigned to a salesman).

Any tips would be appreciated. Internet searches has not yielded the best results.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Tori2, thanks for reaching out! :slight_smile:

I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the usecases category to make it more visible to those looking to share advice on your specific case.

Hopefully you receive some great recommendations from our Community :slight_smile:

Hello @Tori2,

correct currently Asana only allows you to sum fields but not multiple.

I suggest to upvote here: Computed Fields on Tasks - #32 by Bastien_Siebman

Good news is that there is a solution for you :smiley:

Check out this message from Bastien: Computed Fields on Tasks - #34 by Bastien_Siebman

Jerod needed the same feature which is a probability field and he found a solution. Check out his post.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Andrea. I shared a video explaining the service Computed Fields on Tasks - #45 by Bastien_Siebman

3 Likes