Putting a task under a section in Asana Slack integration

I currently use the Asana Slack integration. However, I was wondering if there was a way to create a task, and then allocate the task to a specific section or column.
For example, for the Asana list my team uses, we have different sections, and each team member will list out their tasks under the section assigned to them.
However, when I create a task in the Asana Slack integration, I can only create a task, add a deadline, and assign a person. I am not sure if there’s a way to allocate the task to a specific section/column.

5 Likes

Yes, I second this request. It makes no sense that you can’t do this in slack…

1 Like

I have the same issue. Another issue is: a Channel of communication on Slack is focused on only one Section under a Project. However, I can only automate that when a task is created in that PROJECT they get a notification in the Slack channel, whereas I want to focus on new tasks created under a specific SECTION under a project for that Channel, not all tasks in the massive project coming up for a Channel that’s only focused on a particular section of the project or task. is this possible?
it’ll be unworkable to break up the project’s sections into several projects to solve this

FYI you can use the Hashtag Automation feature of my Flowsana integration to accomplish this. If you put #name-of-some-section anywhere in the Description field when creating the task in Slack, Flowsana will move the new task into that section. (You can also use this feature to attach tags to the new task, and aadd it to additional projects as well.)

It is 2022 now, does anyone know if this request has been solved yet?
Our team started using Slack and Asana lately and could not figure out a way to add task under certain sections using Slack

Hi Phil, I have been trying to figure out how to do that with no luck. Can you describe a bit more how to make your slack “listen” to flowsana hashtag automation created? Thank you.

Hi @Maria_Ivanova!

I’m going to need some additional info on what you’ve tried and what your specific goal is. If you could send that info to support@flowsana.net, we can have a more detailed Flowsana-specific discussion than here on the forum. Thanks!

Even if we are not able to add additional fields to the /asana create shortcut in Slack, it would at least be nice if we could create Rules in Asana when a task is added to the project from an app. Unfortunately, I can only seem to select Form submissions as the input source.

Just like everyone here, I want to choose Slack as the input source and move those tasks to a certain section.

1 Like