Progress bar in timeline view

I have created a timeline view for a task with the date range 6/1/18 - 9/30/18. Assuming 50% of the is there a way to show a % progress bar in the timeline showing 50% completed?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible at the moment. I believe this could be changing in some future Asana update though.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for sharing your feedback @konica.fleming, I love this idea! I’ve gone ahead and moved it to the #productfeedback to allow you and other users to vote for this feature. Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future :crossed_fingers:t3:

thank you

1 Like

This feature is available in 3rd party product: https://instagantt.com/ that does allow specification of task progress.

1 Like

Suggest that the % of a task that is complete show in the timeline view, ie if a task is 10 days elapsed time and we are 5 days into that time, it can show 50%.

Or it can show a amount identified by the user, when wanting to underscore the effort completed not elapsed time.

Hi @Nath_Moyes, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread related to this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Progress bar in timeline view to consolidate feedback. We’ll make sure to update the main thread if we have news about this feature.

Anything new there?

There are competitors that provide this feature.
I’m suprised to see Asana rolling out Goals, Portfolio etc while current features are missing critical items.

3 Likes

Hi will this feature be coming up in the next few month? I had to switch from Trello to Asana for my new Job, but I am really missing this feature a lot, leaving me a bit unhappy right now

Not having a progress bar feature makes the timeline view some kind of useless. :frowning:

2 Likes