Professional Services Time-Tracking Automation

Hello Asana Community:

I have an awesome use case to share. My team sells cybersecurity professional services, which means we charge the customer a certain number of hours to deploy hardware and software. Our engineering manually tracks the hours in Asana by using a custom field I used called “PS Hours Tracking.”

The challenge we ran into is that the sales team would like to be alerted when PS hours were 50% done and close to completion. I created a set of rules that would automate this alert and I believe to be most effective. Attached are screenshots of the rules. I hope anyone in this community has a use for this!

Amazing! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing this use case with our Community @Mike_Tammaro!

1 Like

So @Mike_Tammaro you have someone manually choose a value to say it is above 50%? It would be awesome if it was automated :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, we do have someone choose the value. I agree that automation would be better and that is my next step in that process with these rules!

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman,

I have created another rule where a team member can choose a drop-down (25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% completion) for the Professional Service Hours. This rule will then trigger the previous rules I have mentioned and alert the sales team. While this is not a full automation, it certainly cuts down on some time!

I am open to more suggestions if there are any.

I do :slight_smile: use my service Computed Fields on Tasks - #45 by Bastien_Siebman to compute that threshold automatically. And then you could have a report that says “all tasks with a value > 50% with a field ‘Team not warned’” or something like this…

1 Like

Thank you! This is a great asset to my team.