Printing or Exporting Project with Notes, conversations

Is there a way to print projects with all notes and comments?

I have exported and I have printed to pdf, but I am only getting the tasks and subtasks. The notes or Progress notes, etc do not export or print.

Hi @Kim_Silverthorn,

If you use Print Project:

you should see the Notes (Description) for each task, but not Comments, nor Project Progress.

If you use Print a Task:

you should see the task’s Notes (Description) and Comments, but you can only print one task at a time.

You might find Asana2Go more flexible in some ways, though it won’t print Project Progress or Comments.

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi

1 Like

Is this something that Asana would consider adding to the premium version? It would be very important to us to retain all comments, conversations, and Progress with notes and comments.

5 Likes

I just want to join Kim and say that it would be very useful to be able to print/export Conversations and Progresses…

3 Likes

Thanks Daniel, our company will not purchase until we can do this. We are watching and have not received any replies or comments until yours. I am hoping they are seeing this.

My problem is that, when I try to print a Task, Asana does not provide me with the information about the activity dates. I only have a long list of “comments” without any indication on the exact time where those updates where made. In my case this is important.
individual%20task%20printed%20from%20asana-comments%20without%20dates%20before
Because I cannot find any other solution, I ask my team to insert dates manually… and they hate me for that !
In my search for a solution I found your great Asana2go chrome extension. This is doing some amazing stuff, but I did not found out yet how to create a solution for my problem. Is this possible with some custom report ?
Any other ideas from the community ?

1 Like

@Simion_ILIE, I don’t see any other workaround right now besides what you’re doing. It seems like Asana should be printing each comment’s date since they do print each comment’s author; not sure if this broke or somehow was never included???

Thanks for the nice comment on Asana2Go but you’re correct, it can’t help in this particular instance.

1 Like

10x for your time! I appreciate a lot your effort! I hope ASANA will change that very soon. I find any reason for not doing so.

2 Likes

Another +1 for timestamp Comments on print! Like Simion_ILIE I’m going to have to manually input date… Note very “Asana”

3 Likes

I ran across this while testing Asana. Cannot see at all what use it it to not have option to print comments and export. Makes it all a waste of time. Why bother adding status notes etc? Seriously needs to be added. If I use a tool and cannot get my data out - when I need to - it is something I need to pass by. Big oversight IMO

1 Like

Date/time stamp when printing vs. manual would be a great improvement.

2 Likes