Print preview and print is garbled

Welcome to the Forum @Leroy_Fang and sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue!

Can you please provide the following information?

• Which browser are you currently using?
  • Are you able to see your PDF normally when using Cmd-P?
  • Are running into the same issue while using a different Browser?

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your swift reply.

• I am currently using Chrome.
  • When I use Cmd-P, it sets the project page to print, instead of of the details in the task page (which is what I want), unsure how to use Cmd-P to print the task page.
  • I tried the same thing on Safari and it works fine (that solves my problem).

Regards,

Leroy JK Fang

Thank you for the follow up @Leroy_Fang. Can you also confirm if you are using Mac OS Catalina?

P.S.: In order to use Cmd-p to print your task details, you previously need to focus on the task pane (Tab + X).

1 Like

Hi Natalia,

Yup that’s right, I’m using Catalina.

Regards,

Leroy

There is an existing thread where other users have reported to experience the same behaviour and our Development Team is currently working on this issue. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to avoid duplications and to keep you posted in one place as soon as I have an update about it!

Thank you for your help Leroy! Have a great Wednesday!

1 Like

Hi @John_Hurley, @carlosacosta, @Rick_Myers and @Leroy_Fang :wave:

Our Team has pushed a fix for this issue and it should now be resolved. Can you please confirm is has been resolved on your end?

Thank you for your collaboration! Looking forward to your reply!

Yes! I can confirm this works on Chrome browser now. Thanks!

Works for me now. Thanks for listening!

1 Like

Hi Natalia,

Yes, it has been resolved. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Hi Natalia
Unfortunately the issue is still happening with Microsoft Edge.
Has this been looked into?
Much appreciated

Thank you for reaching out @Shmuel_Davidoff and sorry to hear your are experiencing this issue.

In order to investigate this issue can you please provide the following information?

Is your browser updated?
Are you able to see your PDF normally when using Cmd-P?
Are running into the same issue while using a different Browser?
Can you please share a screenshot of the Print preview?

1 Like

@Natalia can you by any chance find out what your engineering team did to resolve this issue, we’re having the same problem with our application and we’re at a loss how to fix it. Your help would be greatly appreciated. This has nothing to do with Asana but we’ve been on Asana for about 4 years now and really love the tool.

@Aaron_Kirley, @Natalia, @Marie, I have the same question, and had asked it in another thread, which I think should be combined with this one if they are in fact the same issue:

Thanks,

Larry

Actually - i have this issue in my own application www.lugless.com, it has nothing to do with Asana. I’m just wondering how Asana fixed this issue so we can attempt to apply the same fix www.lugless.com.

@Aaron_Kirley, Same here. Asana2Go is not Asana, and one user reported it there and, like you, I’d like to know what the fix is.

Hi! I’m the Asana engineer who worked on this issue.

It’s a pretty weird bug. What I found was that Chrome, on MacOS Catalina, would produce this garbled text if (a) the text was styled with system fonts and (b) anywhere on the page there existed some text from (a) that had font-style: italic.

All of those conditions were required to trigger the issue. Our workaround was to …remove some italics we were always displaying in our print view. (Yeah, not great.)

The hope with this workaround is that Chrome will fix this issue soon, because this is a bug in Chrome. You can see the active issue here: 1018581 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @Justin_Churchill, for working on this and for taking the time to reply here–very much appreciated.

I see in the Chrome issue that there were some promising comments from earlier today that it’s a priority and perhaps even a candidate fix.

Thanks again,

Larry

1 Like

thanks sir