+1 for me too

1 Like

+1 for me too

1 Like

+1 for sort by a custom field!

1 Like

Please add this option! would be very useful

1 Like

This option would make Asana way more useful for sprint planing.
+1

1 Like

In Asana2Go you can sort (and group) any advanced search result (all selections or any subset) by any Custom Field, in ascending or descending order. This lets you see the results in the order/groupings you’d like.

You do this with a Format that uses the highlighted command in the image below which accepts the name of a Custom Field (‘custom_fields_simple.CUSTOMFIELDNAME’).

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi

2 Likes

+1 really need this

+1 need this as well.

+1 for this feature.

+1

Any progress on this Asana team? Robust reporting would be ideal since all of our task and data live in here. It seems like a absolute must to add this simple feature.

2 Likes

This is super important. It would allow us to work so much faster finding the tasks we need.

1 Like

+1 One charity manager mentioned this was a bottleneck for reviewing tasks by priority for them

+1 we are implementing an electronic heath record system that tracks hundreds of outstanding issues, changes, and bugs. I’m def. going to try the Asana2Go tip above. But ideally I’d love to filter by a custom field then sort by tag. That would arrive at a helpful search like: show me all tickets that are assigned to my team for testing and group them by utility in the EHR. Totally agree with everyone here that multi filter on reports would be so helpful generally.

1 Like

@Kristian_Sekse, If you try Asana2Go, do look at the example formats at the end of the list, in particular the ones called “Example Only - eachSortGroup Helper” and “Example Only - Table - Interactive.” Also, I’m at work on another standard format that may provide a more out-of-the-box solution soon. Finally, some satisfied clients are using custom reports they requested, another way to go.

Thanks,

Larry

+1 this should utmost important thing. The main thing you expect from a project management tool is to manage your tasks, projects efficiently. This requirement plays really important role doing so. At now i have to create individual reports for each custom field i have so that i switch through them every time and its cumbersome.

+1 urgent

This would save a lot of work. I’d simply like to see “all my tasks” sorted by priority and this (simple-seeming need) is not currently possible. I can create a separate report for -each- priority, but that workaround is cumbersome.

Very important, +1

If an add-on is an option, you can create custom reports from Asana data with the Analytics and Reports by Screenful. You can configure any of the task properties, including your custom fields, as the columns and choose the sorting criteria:

Adding my vote for this as a built-in option.