Portfolios and Workload: How many Portfolios should you have?

I agree! I was initially very excited about this Product Update as I expected the nested portfolios would allow for a “global workload” structure. I like seeing workloads across various portfolios but there HAS TO BE a way to see it all aggregated; even if it didn’t show tasks under users where nested portfolios were present. I could see where a global workload would be too busy so I’d be okay with only showing a rollup of effort for that individual across each project. A the same time, I would love to see Workload at a Project level as well! Especially if nested portfolios rolled up to a project level. Being able to click right into a project and see the workload and the tasks that make up the effort would be amazing!

Yes, this is the best workaround as it stands, but it comes with limitations for some since you can only have 250 projects in a portfolio. In some business, there is a lot of work to be done across A LOT of accounts and it is merely impossible to structure the work at the right hierarchy and still stay under the limit. Regionalizing in our case gets us closer, but an adoption of workload through nesting portfolios would make life so much easier!

2 Likes