Outage 07/15/2019

Hi,

My team and I are based in Singapore and we are encountering pretty severe connectivity issues with your servers. We’ve attached a screenshot of the Websocket connection test which shows 2226ms response time.

This is causing us lag issues with the application i.e.

• Data not being reflected after input
  • Stalling of the application when trying to shift timelines (Our projects typically have 150 tasks on average.)

Is there anything that can be done to rectify this?

Thanks!58

2 Likes

We are in Montreal/Ottawa having the same issues. Looks like Asana trust has noted a major outage. Any idea when this will be resolved?

1 Like

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Slow response time, pages not loading. Getting “Trying to reconnect. Changes will be synced once your connection is restored.”

Steps to reproduce: Loading any page

Browser version: Firefox 68.0

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Team based in USA. Slow response time, unable to load into the app entirely.

Steps to reproduce:
Logged in with Chrome, Firefox. Unable to load app.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below: Capture

Hi folks,

So sorry for the trouble here, we’re currently expecting some difficulties, which explains why you’re seeing these error messages. You can keep an eye on https://trust.asana.com/ for the latest update but I’ll also update this thread as soon as I have an update on my end!

PS: The mobile apps are operating normally, so I would recommend using them while we work on resolving the issue in the web app!

3 Likes

Just downloaded the mobile app, and I can NOT login thru that either

Thanks for letting me know and so sorry for the trouble here @Nancy_Hernandez. Please let me know if you’re still unable to login via the app once this gets resolved, just to be sure you can benefit both from our Web and Mobile app.
Our team is making some good progress, so hopefully, this should last too long :crossed_fingers:t3:

Thanks for your patience folks!

This issue should now be fully resolved and you should all be able to access and use Asana. Again, sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you so much for your patience while our team worked on resolving this issue!

Hi Marie,

I’m still receiving a response time of over 2000ms from your servers. Is this normal for all your customers?
Traditionally our responses are between 5 - 10ms for other online services.

Would appreciate a response on this.

Thanks.

Hi @Cardejah_Zulkifli and thanks for the follow-up.

Sounds like this could be related to your firewall. Could you try whitelisting .asana.com and .sync.app.asana.com on your firewall just to check whether or not it reduce the response speed of our servers on your end?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @Cardejah_Zulkifli! :wave:

I’m just checking if you are still experiencing this issue.

Looking forward to your reply! Have a nice day!

1 Like

Closing this thread @Cardejah_Zulkifli sincewe haven’t heard back from you! Please don’t hesitate to reach out again if you need further help with this issue!

Have a great Friday!