Option to add Messages to projects after created

With the new Messages feature, users can create a message inside of and outside of (private) a project. Unfortunately there’s currently no way to put a message that was originally created outside of a project into one. (screen shot) This would be a function just like moving a Task from being just in My Tasks to being in a project.

Adding Messages to Projects

This would be useful in a few different scenarios, including one that has already occurred since Messages was implemented just a couple of weeks ago. I now have two Messages that were created mistakenly as “private” by clients who are not yet familiar with this new feature and they actually need to be in their projects, but I have no way to get them there. Additionally, there are times when a message may start seemingly unrelated, but turns out needs to be active in a project.

Additionally, both of the client Message examples I’m dealing with at the moment occurred when the client opened a new message inside of their project, but didn’t understand that the “To” field with their project name meant that the message would be posted inside of/apart of the project and therefore X’ed out of it inadvertently making it private. Messaging being “sent to” a project isn’t intuitive. It would be nice for a message that is started inside of a project to be automatically added to that project, again, similar to how Tasks are automatically added to the project that they are created in.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hi @Chasity_Scoggins, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to multi-home a message after it was created. I’ve slightly updated the title to make it more discoverable to other customers that would like to support it. I’ll let you know if we
have plans to implement this option in the future.