Old user coming back - Tracking time in [Brackets] no longer a thing?

Hi there!
I used to use Asana a long time ago, around 4-5 years back, at my old job. I found it fantastic at keeping track of tasks and time.
Now, years later, new job, they have no specific software for planning, so I thought I would just set up Asana for myself.

But I can’t seem to find a way to correctly track time anymore. We used to do it in [brackets], where you would just write it at the end of the task name like “This is a task [2]”, and it would allow you to later select all the tasks and see how much time was spent in total.
This was insanely useful for quickly figuring out if you were overbooked a week, how much time you spent on a project, and so on.
It doesn’t need to be fancy, just some basic estimation like that.

I’ve Googled and searched for almost 1½ hours now, and I can’t find out how to do this at all anymore. All I see is fancy paid solutions, that offer way more options than I need. Recorded time tracking and such. Or perhaps paid features that would let me set up custom fields that miiiight work (but again here, from what I read, I would still need other paid integrations for it to work - and besides, I’m not paying for 5 team members, when I’m the only one using it).

Is there really not any options or possibilities for this?
Or am I missing something super obvious?

Hope someone can help.

Hi @Philip_Zeplin, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! :slight_smile:

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to track time by adding numbers in the task title. However, you can add Number custom fields to your tasks and add the time you have spent on each task.

You can then create reports via the Advanced Search feature.

Alternatively, you can use Harvest to track time in Asana and if you prefer, you can also consider other time tracking options.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!