❌ No Asana no work

An Asana community member recently shared with me an interesting rule:

“Clients I’ve worked with have gone so far as to say that people are only responsible for doing work that’s been assigned to them in Asana (i.e. they can freely ignore all other requests)”

After years of helping teams and companies succeed with Asana, I have realized that this rule is actually a good thing!


Because the adoption of a collaborative tool depends on the commitment of all the involved stakeholders.

Because all it takes is a few colleagues who continue to send emails or fail to document their progress in Asana, for your processes to stall…

Because any recurrent action by 10% of the stakeholders risks wasting the resources of the other 90%, and even represents a risk of snowball effect towards the rejection of the tool.

Then… yes, whatever the tool you have decided to implement in your core process, a strong rule can make a huge difference in the adoption by your team(s) or company.

But too many organizations or managers still don’t commit, and just hope for the best…

What do you think ? Do have a rule?


If it’s not in :asana: , it doesn’t exist!


Nice to see endorsement for our own similar Policy - if it’s not in Asana - it doesn’t exist


Totally agree! Trying to encourage this within my own team! :asana:

:wave: Greetings, fellow Asana enthusiasts! :rocket:

I wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts on this incredible task management software that has revolutionized the way I work and collaborate. Over the past seven years, Asana has proven to be an indispensable tool in understanding tasks, people’s work, and fostering commitment. :muscle:

Asana’s power lies not only in its intuitive interface and robust features but also in its ability to bring transparency to the forefront. By providing a comprehensive overview of tasks, deadlines, and team member assignments, Asana ensures that everyone is on the same page. This level of transparency enables teams to work cohesively, eliminating confusion and enhancing overall productivity. :bar_chart:

Personally, I’ve come to rely on Asana as the cornerstone of my collaborations. Its seamless integration of task management, project tracking, and communication has transformed the way I organize and complete projects. I can confidently say that without Asana, my workflow would be far less efficient and my team’s coordination would suffer. :handshake:

Asana has truly empowered me to streamline my work, enabling me to focus on what matters most: delivering results. The software’s user-friendly design and its ability to adapt to diverse work environments make it a standout choice for individuals and teams across industries. :dart:

So, if you’re seeking a tool that not only understands your tasks but also unlocks the true potential of collaboration, look no further than Asana. It’s more than just a software—it’s a catalyst for productivity, transparency, and success. :sparkles:

Remember, in my book, "No Asana means no collaborations!" :no_entry_sign::handshake:

Keep up the great work, Asana community! :raised_hands:

Best regards,


Seems like a poor rule for a mismanaged organization. Of course you are only responsible for your own tasks. This is kind of a freshman converstion.

Another great rule is that you cant say something in less than 3 sentences (preferably one), you need to think twice.

1 Like

Without rules like this, you encourage a behaviour of “could you do this” thrown at you at the coffee machine, and putting the burden on people on the receiving end. The burden should be on the one requesting in my opinion


Love this policy.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with this, wish I could implement it here!

I agree 100%. I have worked in companies where the entire company wasn’t “bought in” to using the database. It is a mess. When all collaboration happens in asana you create a “hive mind”, and work flows fluidly across the organization. You can help each other more when you have visibility.

I use asana for running my Project Management company, but my wife uses it to assign me honey-do’s around the house, I use it to remind me to pay bills, everything. Why split your attention between multiple systems of organization if you don’t have to!


Same! I planned our whole DIY backyard wedding for 300 people in Asana and can’t imagine how this would’ve gone without it. We had multiple bands, professional lights, sound, catering, etc all the bells and whistles.

“Everything in Asana” drove the wifey a little crazy at first, but 5 years later, she’s onboard. To wake up to notifications for assigned honey-dos from me in my Asana inbox brings me OCD joy!