New workflow automation solution is available

Announcing a new workflow automation type: IF-THEN Rules!

I’ve just added the ability to create If-Then Rules in Flowsana to enable a whole new variety of automation possibilities.

It’s a little bit like Zapier for those familiar with that solution - but more fully-featured, and totally Asana-specific.

Here is the current set of Conditions (the “IF” part) and Actions (the “THEN” part) that are available:

Here are just a few examples of the types of things you can automate with If-Then Rules:

If a task is moved to the Completed column, mark it complete.

If a task is marked complete, move it to the Completed column.

If the Priority custom field is set to Urgent, assign the task to Mary Smith.

If it’s a new task, assign it to John Wilcox.
(FYI this provides the ability to automatically assign all new tasks in a project to you.)

If a task is tagged with the Active tag, add it to the Marketing Activities project.

If a task is moved to the Urgent Tasks column, set its Priority custom field to Pants On Fire.

And this is just the initial set of available Conditions and Actions; I envision adding more over time.

If-Then Rules are now available as part of the Flowsana beta. If you’re already a beta tester, you’ll see them on the screen where you add a new workflow. If you’re interested in beta testing but haven’t yet signed up, you can still do so by filling out this short form.

I look forward to hearing feedback from testers as you try out If-Then Rules!

10 Likes