New to Asana: Is it worth it and being actively developed?

You hit it on the head, second sentence in. I don’t think anything more needs to be said, but I will anyway.

There are too many basic functionalities that you expect with these app, that are just non-existent with Asana. For one example, the notifications system - this is the single biggest mind f*** I’ve experienced so far. How can I and my team be all online and working inside of Asana, and I have no idea what they are changing or commenting on, I literally have to rely on a third party app (Slack) to notify me of the most basic things. And to re-iterate on why I quoted the above, is because literally hunderds of people since 2017 have requested this basic feature, and… Nothing.

Another example of a basic function, that you inherently expect, is to create hyperlinks (just like I did above) inside of project descriptions. And again, requested and ignored.

This one my take the cake for me though, empty tasks. This just poor code development on full display.

I can keep going, but you get the idea. Support is here to only maintain what they have, not to listen to your pity requests.

I don’t have an answer for the perfect project management tool, as I’ve tried every single one in existence. But to answer your question… “Is it worth it?” … Depends, can you spare time trying other apps? If yes then do it, if not then stay put because you’ll eventually do a full circle.

3 Likes