Ability to insert hyperlinks

What do you use instead? We just started testing Asana and the lack of this ā€œHTTP 101ā€ feature may be a deal killer.

1 Like

We also just started testing Asana and see so much potential right out of the gate. Iā€™m shocked to hear there is not hyperlinking available. Our current methods of project management using GSuite relies heavily on hyperlinks.

1 Like

I think the feature request is quite clear. I just basically expect/want/need the same thing that Trello has, where you can add a link with text as an attachment. It helps to organize the task.

1 Like

I too am incredulous that such a basic feature as hyperlinking is not supported. I was really impressed with Justin Rosenstein roadmap vision video at https://youtu.be/nRl7d_WM4Bc but hey people its 2018 and if the developers have not been able to implement such a simple feature as hyperlinking, it tells me the underlying framework or architecture is fundamentally flawed. Sorry to be harsh but I am kind of shocked that hyperlinking is missing and also missing is the ability to collapse/expand sections which are standard in Trello. Come on Asana get your house in order and build on solid foundations not sand/sans hyperlinking (biblical/shakespeare nashup)

4 Likes

How is this not yet a feature??? Some URLā€™s (like those from S3) are far too long and verbose to be useful in a comment.

2 Likes

So by now, I am under the impression that the Asana team doesnā€™t take well to feedback and suggestions.

This is the easiest request users can demand and itā€™s been exactly ONE year since this thread was created.

I think at the very least the support team should tell us why this has not been implemented?

Also as a kicker, can anyone point me to a thread on this forum where a suggestion was made by a user and the product was then revised? I am coming across instances way too often where the application should function a certain way which has been requested by a ton of users and to no avail from Asana.

4 Likes

I really want this too asana. Please add hyperlink option to rich text editor in descriptions and commentsā€¦ sort of like the one that exists on the input box right here on this forumā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks Myroslav!! Creative solution which solves my problem.

This feature really is an absolute requirement. Can someone from the Asana team please specify when this could be expected in the development roadmap for the product?

2 Likes

Iā€™m testing Asana Premium to see if we switch from our current Project Management solution.
Been trying it for a couple of hours.

Two red flags so far:

1- No way to organize Standard Operating Procedures (custom templates)
2- Canā€™t create anchors in descriptions, AND looks like people have been imploring for this functionality for over a year here, without any real response from the team.

Not looking good.

1 Like

Eric, curious, what System are you using now and why are you switching? I am in between a few right now and trying to get my teams to agree on something that works well together. (Unfortunately, there is another red flag that you might or might not notice is there is no native Desktop App for asana; strictly through browser window.)

Also, I have noticed that of the few things that people seem to really wantā€¦Asana is NOWHERE to be seen in actively trying to build out the features that the CUSTOMERS actually desire. Pretty frustrating. (Just my 2 cents).

Thank you all for your feedback and my apologies for not following up earlier on this thread. I donā€™t have any update to share at the moment on this specific topic, but Iā€™ll make sure to post an update on this thread as soon as I do! We really appreciate all your feedback, and rest ensured that weā€™re keeping a close look on them to build our roadmap; you can learn more about this process in the following post.

1 Like

Hey Nick,
Currently using Trello and Google Docs (for processes and sheets).

The main reason Iā€™m testing Asana is because I have a friend who has all of his SOPs in here, and he convinced me to try it. Although I already found some shortcomings with Custom Templates, that many are complaining about, and no one seems to respond. Same on their blog posts. Dozens of valuable customer feedback and no response from the team. Gives the impression of an abandoned project. So Iā€™m already hesitant of getting my organization into a trap (so to speak).
But I still havenā€™t given up.
Some people have found workarounds to things, but that defeats the point of paying for the service.
Iā€™m also going to test Process Street.
Thanks for the heads-up

1 Like

Iā€™ve spent almost a day migrating from Zoho to Asana and I felt itā€™s much better. Then I get to read this thread and Iā€™m thinking to myself what the hell did I just do?

How can you not have:

1. Hyperlink implemented already?
  2. Not say anything about that?

I meanā€¦why?

3 Likes

Looks like Iā€™m preaching to the converted here, but I just want to weigh in for the Asana Product Team. Weā€™re currently trialling Asana (switching from Trello). Looks pretty good on first thoughts (although needs a Resource Mgmt feature), but Iā€™m baffled that you canā€™t hyperlink text in description or comments.

Is there any timeline on rolling this out? Is it even on roadmap? 27 days of trial left.

5 Likes

Another one preaching to the choir. But this feature is strongly desired. We are talking about a classic example of a basic / must-be feature, that everybody expects nowadays and thus results in dissatisfaction if not provided.

4 Likes

Hi, we REALLY need to be able to insert hyperlinks into descriptions. It seems really odd to me that this isnā€™t something that hasnā€™t been built out yet, and it needs to be a higher priority. Itā€™s making it really difficult for me to use Asana as a project management tool.

7 Likes

put some syntax or something. Trello allows you to hyper link with [Insert description](insert link). Throw us a bone Asana.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature

Asana looks just perfect until you realize you canā€™t insert hyperlinks with a cmd+K or ctrl+K. Canā€™t move my company to Asana if this is not a featureā€¦ as simple as that :frowning:

1 Like