New colors coming to Asana!

I find it difficult to focus on the new color scheme. While I think the actual colors themselves are beautiful, the contrast between them is not working for me. It’s like there is a hazy film on my screen. I’m all for inclusivity, but since vision clearly varies so much person to person, seems like maybe we should have options.

5 Likes

This color change is hideous! I spent 20 minutes adjusting my 4k monitor assuming something went wrong because the colors were all muted and dark. Seriously, who’s idea was this to force this roll out on everyone uniformly? How difficult would it have been to make it an option?

I’m a massive fan and power user of asana. I have multiple companies and teams but this is a foolish, immature move.

We’re the managers off on Friday so the interns decided to make a power move for the day or what?

Revert it back or give us the option to change!

10 Likes

The new color is too pale and washed out. While the old color scheme is brighter, maybe too bright for some, a little more contrast for this new color scheme would go a long way.

7 Likes

This absolutely needs to be an option for users to opt-in. I’m not much of a power user anymore, but this could 100% wreck a team’s workflow/familiarity based on the old scheme.

7 Likes

Asana colors are so sad now! We planned a lot a things inside Asana based in the previous system of colors. It doesn’t make sense anymore! We hate this colors change. I really would like to have an option to change back to the previous system colors.

2 Likes

This is up there with some of the worst moves Asana has made.
:sweat_smile: The worst change they made was when the HUGE "UPGRADE banner on the top of each page for free users 1-2 years ago :smiley:

This one is EYE saver , thanks a LOT. :grinning:

I also can’t stand these new colors. I rarely comment, but first of all these colors are hard to see. Secondly, if anything we need more colors to choose from, not fewer. This is not good -please change back

6 Likes

Both I and my coworkers found the new colors are harder to recognize and visually they are just not as good as previous ones. I think it’s mainly because the new colors are lighter and since the background is white, adding them together just makes things hard to read. My eyes sometimes don’t feel comfortable with the new colors.

It’d be great to give us options to choose the colors we prefer, instead of limiting the options.

3 Likes

Is there even a single black pixel on the screen anymore? It really feels like a layer of white is added on top of everything, including the dark-grey side banner and the text. I don’t mind about the colors themselves. It just feels like my web browser is broken/loading/offline, etc.

It feels a bit like looking back in time. Prefer the old colours, looks like the screen is inactive.

4 Likes

Hi Eliana

Add the below. If the colour is too dark/light, replace the #number with any of these: Grey Color Codes

.TimelineCanvasBase-weekendStripe {

• background: #e6e6e6;*
    }
1 Like

So disappointed in this change for the worse - especially in the colour pills when using red / orange / green to indicate priority levels.

The red and orange priorities now are very hard to differentiate between! If this truly was intended to be a user orientated decision - a choice between a vibrant or muted preset colour scheme whould have been the better way to go. I was a happier user with the vibrant colours. Everything now looks muddy and mouldy - not fresh and vibrant at all. Rollback please!

10 Likes

It was a post with great engagement!

And most asking to go back to the old colors. It’s time for Asana to rethink the colors.

7 Likes

Inability to switch to the old color scheme is frustrating.

The new color scheme makes it difficult to use the product.

I hope you guys listen to the feedback of your paying customers.

11 Likes

We use the colors to alert us to the status and urgency of items (eg. red, yellow, green).

These muted tones do not work for us. We need items to be bold and jump off the screen more.

I know people complain about change, but we need less ‘zen’ and more punch.

Also please allow us to customize our palette as needed and choose our colors.

13 Likes

Hi all, we’ve initially centralized all posts on this topic to help us with reporting to our Product Team during the launch phase. As mentioned in our latest reply, we’re not planning to roll back this update, but we will continue to explore options to improve colors in Asana. From reading comments on this thread, it looks like making these new colors an option in Asana would resolved most of the feedback shared, so I would encourage you to upvote for the existing requests: Custom hex colors and Implement Asana Themes. Thanks again for your feedack.

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Implement Asana Themes

I’m here to pretty much say what everyone else has said. It has dramatically changed the experience with Asana, the whole point in project management is to have clear indicators - drab, dull and washed colours is not the way to draw your eye to something that needs your attention. The ability to choose would be great, but can’t really understand the thinking behind these colours in the first place.

23 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.