Need Asana/Google access under Team Drives!

It’s all very well saying ‘vote for it’, but given that Asana is designed to be used by work teams and google is encouraging those teams to move to team drives, it would be more helpful to get a sense of when - ballpark - this is going to be implemented, because I guess we all know that at some point you will implement it, and that kind of information is useful for those of us assessing whether Asana is a useful tool to invest in at our businesses.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Christian_Hunt - I hear you. Right now we’re not able to provide timing, but what I can do is give you details into our roadmapping process. Hope this helps give you some more of the info you’re looking for. Take a look here:

+1 for this thread. We are starting to migrate from Dropbox to Team Drives and this is an important missing feature

2 Likes

+1 for this thread. I’ve voted, but also want to add my voice that this is a super crucial integration for our move to Asana to be successful.

2 Likes

+1 and I agree with the folks above, this is important to our company of 60+ Asana and Google Team Drives users. Please consider it!

1 Like

+1 and voted. I’m a bit surprised that this has taken this long and has not been prioritized yet.

2 Likes

How can this be taking so long? This is critical to be able to work for so many people, our team included!

Please, implement this already. I know that it must go through some internal process on your side, but this is already taking insane amount of time. You are limiting all mid and big teams from fully using the tool.

2 Likes

+1 for this to come online. It’s been a long time Team Drive has been out.
Other services have updated to the new API.
Come on! :smiley:

1 Like

This is a good reply, but not after 6+ months.

2 Likes

Hi folks! We really do appreciate your enthusiasm here. To clarify, this is not an ideation area, but rather a product feedback area of our community. Unfortunately we’re unable to commit to any one feature or guarantee at timeline for any one feature. That said, our Product Team is fully aware of each of your requests and they’re thoughtfully keeping these requests in mind during product planning. For more information on how we engage with feedback in the Community, I suggest you read this post: **Read me first** How you can give feedback and what we do next

Thanks!
Alexis

Other project/task managers have rolled out support for Team Drives now, thereby leaving Asana behind the curve, unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

Please please please add Google Team Drive support - its critical. I don’t know how much longer we can use links to attach (not long).

1 Like

Definitely need this ASAP! +100 votes if I could!

2 Likes

+1
Just moved to Team Drive - fell in the trap. Now we have the great priviledge of finding and moving all the attachments with the workaround and then when you implement, we can do it again. Great.

Non-commital tone is not appreciated.

user of asana on multiple teams since 2012 (back then it was buggy, but team replied so fast and helped testing a few fixes too)

2 Likes

Adding another request / need for this feature.

Team drive is a major element of the google collaboration suite and not having it supported here on ASANA is hurting productivity.

Can you please give us more specifics about a timeline for this improvement? It seems like we are going on almost a year since the first flag on this need.

Thank you.

1 Like

+1 on this, it’s been quite a while now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Doug_Holbrook–thanks! I did vote! :slight_smile:

1 Like

1+ for this feature

1 Like

1+ for this feature too… it is very important as our business moves across to Team Drives.

1 Like

Google Team Drive access IS a critical feature for… teams. (kind of obvious, right?) :wink:

1 Like