I was really excited to see the new Gantt chart view, but when will we be able to share it as a public read-only link? The only other ways to visualize a project are not adequate. The timeline view is virtually unreadable and not something I would ever share with a client, and the calendar view is not a good way to visualize a complex project.
Asana does not give any clue to its roadmap.
Instagantt is well integrated with Asana, and it also provides publicly shareable read-only views which I have found to be well accepted by external groups. The free version can have 3 projects active at any time. The paid version is very reasonably priced. This may be what you need.
I want Gant View to introduce a dedicated view.
There is a reading exclusively in the timeline view, but it cannot stand it in practical use.
Related post
We work in construction and often want to share a professional looking schedule with our customers. Right now you can only do a web print of a Gantt chart. This does have any of the nice printing options other tools have.
- I know you can share a link but this gives customer access to more information than they need and you need an asana account.
- Instagantt is an option but expense for such a simple need and hurts the overall ease of use of the platform.
- Printing a web page or screenshotting can get the job done but are not easy to do for non-power users and are time consuming.
Even better would be a feature to create a public link to just your Gantt chart with filters applied. However I think a printing feature is a basic need until we get something more fancy! Collaboration with people who don’t have asana or people who shouldn’t have access to our asana data will always exist. Hopefully we can work on feature that make this collaboration more seamless!
Thanks!!
@Colin_Swaim_Artisan - welcome to the forum! I’ve moved your post (and votes) to a very similar topic. You might also consider voting on this related topic:
