Navigating from subtask to parent task scrolls back to the top

As we all may know, the subtasks of a task are shown at the end of the task panel, just prior to the attachments and comments sections.

Therefore, to access a subtask, we need to scroll down the parent’s task panel to get to the subtasks list and access the one we desire. That’s ok, no problem at all.

But when I need to go back, from the subtask to it’s parent task, I need to click either the breadcrumb link in the subtask top area or use the “navigate back history” button from the browser. When I do that, I do not get back to the parent task in the same scroll spot that I was before, instead, I allways go back to the parent’s task top.

I do not think this is productive, because usually when working on a subtask, the logic thing to do is to go to the next subtask, to work on it as well… the expected logic when working with Asana is to work on a parent task from top to bottom, that’s how it was designed to be used… but when navigating from subtasks to parent tasks, we always get back to parent’s task top and need to keep scrolling down again and again to access other subtasks…

To avoid this, I usually open the subtasks in a new tab, so I can keep the parent task in the same spot, but I think it should keep the scroll position when using the Asana navigation options.

Hi @Lucas_Labanca ,

A method I like to use that might work well as a workaround for this issue is to [ctrl]+[click] or [middle mouse click] on the subtask details to open a subtask in a new tab.

Alternatively [shift]+[click] opens a complete new window.

You can close these new tabs/windows when you are done, and pick up exactly where you left off in the task window where you started.

1 Like

PS: Don’t forget to vote for your own feedback. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, @Jan-Rienk. I indeed use [ctrl]+[click] to workaround this, but I do not like keeping open new tabs and alternating among them.

1 Like