Naming Subtasks using CSV Importer

I have subtask son my CSV file in which I am planning on using to create a project template. Is there a way to name the subtasks so that they will import when I use CSV importer? Or do I have to manually name the subtasks after using the CSV importer and the project is created?

Hi @India_Jones, you can certainly import subtasks via the CSV Importer :slight_smile: You’d need to create a new column in your spreadsheet called “subtask of” and fill in the subtask of column with the exact name of the parent task in the corresponding row. The parent task should be located below the current row in the CSV file.

I hope this helps!

Thank you Emily. I’d like to know how to name the subtasks on the CSV file so that it uploads with the name of the subtasks. (e.g. the name of the Parent Task is “Year 2021 Budget” the name of the first subtask is “Team Training Budget,” the second subtask name is "Team Travel Budget, " etc.)

Thanks for getting back to me, @India_Jones!

You can add the subtask name in the Name column and to make sure it is imported as a subtask and not a task, you’d need to add the name of the parent task in the column “subtask of”.

For example, in this screenshot the subtask name is Develop messaging framework and it’s parent task is Create campaign marketing materials.

2 Likes