My tasks not automaticly moving tasks from Later to Upcoming to Today

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

The tasks which are stored in the Later section of My Tasks do not automaticaly come up in the Upcoming section when thier due dates are within one week. The same happens with automatic move from Upcoming to Today. Why is this happening / how can i fix it?

I have checked the Asana forum and i saw many users experienced this. The only answer i found was that you have to manually change from Later to Upcoming to Today. Why is it then written on the descriptions of Upcoming and Today that tasks are automatically moved here with respect to thier due dates? (Look at the last screenshot.) Since i can only update one screenshot i didnt update any because it would only add to confusion.

Steps to reproduce:

Open My Tasks. Sort via Due Date. See tasks with due dates withing one week. Remove sorting to None. See that the tasks are not in Upcoming section even though thier due dates are within one week.

Browser version:

Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Due date sorting.

None sorting.

Description of Today section

Description of Upcoming section

Description of Later section

1 Like

Hi @Samo_Smodiš, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Let’s try to solve this together. For context, we are currently updating the My Tasks view (Meet your new My Tasks - #25) however, from your screenshot I can see that you do not yet have this view. This means that My Tasks auto-promotion should still work as usual.

Could you please confirm when the task was assigned to you, and when it was moved to the Later section?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I assigned the task to myself two weeks prior to the due date. I immediately move it from Recently assigned to Later. Since the move i have not interacted with the task.

Thanks for getting back to me @Samo_Smodiš!

Hmm, that does seem strange! I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team as they will be able to have a look at the specific task in question, as we don’t have access to these tools on the Community Forum Team. :slight_smile:

You can provide them with the URL link to this thread so you don’t have to repeat the issue to them :slight_smile:

For details on how to reach out to the Support Team, please see this thread:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.