[Multi-select] Add Collaborator to Multiple Sub-tasks

I know how to select multiple tasks at one time and add a collaborator to all of those tasks at the same time. Is there a way to do that to sub-tasks? When I select all of the subtasks I want the pop-up to add collaborators does not show up

2 Likes

Hi @Renae_Ray, thanks for reaching out!

This is a very good question! The toolbar that appear when you multi-select tasks in List view is currently not available when you multi-select subtasks. You can add due date and assignee to multiple subtasks at once but it’s currently not possible to add collaborators to multiple subtasks at once.

I’ve gone ahead and moved your thread to our #productfeedback category to allow other users to upvote.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Let me know if you have any questions.

This feature seems to have been added but I cannot make it work. I multiselect a group of tasks. Click the … then choose add collaborators. Select the users I want to add but cannot figure out how to then apply that change. there is no save button or way to complete the change . When I view the individual tasks…the collaborators are not added

@Arthur_Zuckerman,

The multi-select field of Collaborators shows the union of Collaborators among all selected tasks but doesn’t mean each Collaborator pill shown is a Collaborator on all selected tasks. To ensure that person is, type/autocomplete their name at the end of the list and tab or return. It will look like nothing has really happened (bad UI; no real confirmation). But if you then click out of the interaction anywhere else and check that person will now be a Collaborator on all selected tasks.

Larry

1 Like

Thank you.
I will give it a try.

1 Like

I’m bummed this still isn’t an option!

Fyi…a possible workaround until/if Asana adds this feature:

It hasn’t been mentioned yet, but you can add collaborators to multiple subtasks (with a paid account) by using Advanced Search…assuming you can set parameters to find them. You can set Subtasks Only after adding it from the Advanced Search > Add filter > Subtasks.

Larry