Moving files between tasks

Hey all, new to Asana. Can we move files between tasks, say, like if we have a file attached on one task, it gets completed, then the next task in the timeline needs the attachment?

No. The trick could be to store a file in a dedicated task, and reference this ā€œfile taskā€ using @-mention in the tasksā€¦

2 Likes

Hi @Graeme1 and welcome to Asana!

As @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, there is no easy way to move attachements from one task to another; but I personally love the idea! Iā€™ve moved your post to the #productfeedback thread to allow you and other users to vote for this feature request. In the meantime, bear in mind that you can easily access all attachments for each of your project in your File tab.

Happy Friday!

4 Likes

This is a great request. We work with many versions of renderings before we confirm the final. We very often need to store the files outside of Asana and them drag and drop the files to the appropriate tasks within the project. Very time consuming and an extra step that could be made much easier and avoid the need to leave the platform to manage files.

Need ability to copy/move PDFs between tasks or teams, instead of saving to computer and re-attaching.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to vote for this - where I can I go to vote. I spend so much time having to downline a file and then re-upload on a new task.

Simply scroll up at the top of this thread and click on the ā€œVoteā€ button in the top left corner of your screen!

1 Like