Missing "request status update" button on Progress section

Dear @Alex_Ryan,

Do you know something about why this button isn’t available on “normal” Progress section ? This facility appears only if you open it from Portfolios but it should be available to everybody regardless the use (or not) of Portfolios.

From Progress tab :
From_progress_tab

From Portfolios :
From_portfolios

Thanks, Alin

Thanks for the feedback @Alin_Sasu and mice to e-meet you!

I’m going to check on this with our Product Team and will keep you posted. In the meantime, I would recommend setting a recurring task to replace this function. I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

Hey @Alin_Sasu, just reached out to my colleagues and I’ve got some update for you! So the option you’re seeing in Portfolio is actually brand new and specific to Portfolio! Anyone that has access to Portfolio can “Request status update” for any project within the Portfolio.

The “Request a status update” that used to be available for free and premium plans was only available to Project owners, and is now a Premium feature.

Thank you so much for raising this great question; let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Hi @Marie,

Something isn’t clear though :slight_smile:

• the project owner has (and had) a reminder to set a status, not to request one. The owner should know the statuses of her projects even when woke up in the middle of the night :wink:
  • somebody else (a stakeholder) would have the need of request statuses and it’s a matter of project progress regardless the project is or not part of an extra feature (eg Portfolios)

If you want to have Portfolios and the possibility to group projects to see at a glance what’s in there, fine. But this don’t exclude a basic feature which is again, a matter of project progress - the possibility to request a status without creating a task manually.

Going even further, this status request could be showed in the project progress section - as everybody could see that a status was requested - not as a simple task generated to the owner :blush:

Thanks, Alin

Appreciate the feedback @Alin_Sasu and will make sure to escalate your idea to our Product Team so they can consider it for future improvements!