Merge Duplicate Tasks - where did it go?

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I’m trying to use the feature “Merge Duplicate Tasks” but it appears to be missing for certain tasks. It seems to be an issue effecting about half of my tasks with no obvious pattern as to which ones or why. It’s happening on my personal workspace as well as my business workspace.

Steps to reproduce: I go to the three dots at the top of a task, hover over “Advanced Actions” but the only sub menu item is “make a subtask of”. I try Tab+Shift+D and nothing happens.

Browser version: Firefox 68.0.1 (64-bit) and Chrome 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro. Reproducible for my accounts on multiple computers. I don’t see the option on my android mobile app either but I can’t remember if it was ever there in the first place.

Upload screenshots below:
screenshot

1 Like

Hi @Ryan_Flugaur and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

Thank you so much for the report. This is not a Bug but actually an expected behaviour.

The reason why you are not seeing this option is because you are in a recurring task. Trying to merge a duplicate task in a recurring task will break down the behaviour of this Recurring Task, that is the option to “Merge duplicate task” is not available.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions! Have a good Wednesday!