Mail to Asana stopped working

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
E-mail to Asana stopped working since last night ! Tried on various projects mails, via several computers browsers. Worked perfect until last night. No error message; the mails just don’t appear in Asana like they did before.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a mail-to-Asana in a project; send mail to it. Does not appear.

Browser version:
Chrome, Firefox, Edge,…

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @John_Baeyens, thanks for reaching out and reporting this! I’ve gone ahead and sent your report to our team, this is a known issue and our team is investigating. I’ll let you know as soon as I have any updates. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Hi @John_Baeyens, our team has just confirmed this issue is now resolved! :slight_smile: If you are still experiencing issues to create tasks in Asana sending emails please let me know!

Have a great day!

Hey Emily, after restoring the ability to add tasks via e-mail, it has appeared the source code e-mail in task description:

Did you notice this problem?

We have 3rd party forms (from a website) that email into asana. The fields that normally show up in the description box are not coming in at all. However if we email directly into the project, the info comes in. is there some new update that is blocking the content?

1 Like

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: We use a website to submit forms via email to several different Asana projects. Since this morning, the form data (in the email body) is not populating in the description field in the task. Sometimes it works, most times it does not. Nothing on our end has changed, and the form data emails directly to inboxes with no problem.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Lahcim and @Denise_Chavez, thanks for reaching out and apologies for the issue here! Our team has confirmed this issue should be now fixed but if you are still experiencing any problems, for example, if you still cannot see the description or it appears the source code email. I recommend you to contact our support team so they can investigate this further: How to contact our Support Team ✉

When you contact them it would be very helpful if you could have a screenshot showing how are you sending the email to Asana (including To: email address and description) and the task that was created in Asana with some information missing. They will be able to have a closer look at this issue! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.