Mac desktop app: back button disabled when opening up an asana full screen task link from browser

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
The back button in the Asana app is disabled after the app is reloaded from opening a full screen task link from Chrome browser. So I’m unable to get to my previous screen before I opened up the full screen task link and would have to create a new window.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a task in full screen mode (back button should be available in the app window)
  2. Click the “Copy task link” icon
  3. Paste the link in Chrome and open it in the app (should get prompted to open in Asana.app)
  4. App window loads the full screen task link
  5. Back button in app is disabled

Browser version: Chrome Version 94.0.4606.81

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Arlene_Agcongay, thanks for reaching out and flagging this!

I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and let me know if this resolve the issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

I uninstalled and re-installed the Asana app, but I still get the same issue. My Asana version is Version 1.4.0 (1.4.0), and Chrome Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I’ve attached a small video to show what happens on my end.

(Attachment asana-app-back-button.mp4 is missing)

Hi @Arlene_Agcongay, thanks for following up.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to attach videos in the forum. In this case, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team with the video attachment and they would be happy to look into this further for you.

You can contact our Support team by following these steps → How to contact our Support Team ✉

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Rebecca_McGrath. I’ll reach out to your support team for this as you suggested.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.