Link to the latest recurrence of a recurring task?

Hello,

I am trying to make reference to a monthly recurring task in another task (this other task might indeed require to alter the recurring task’s description from time to time).

I have therefore copy/pasted the link of the recurring task in the description of my other task.

However, the link is not directing to the latest recurrence of the recurring task but to the monthly one due when I copy/pasted the link.
So my link is outdated the following month.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Yes indeed, each new task is a real new task with its own id… The only solution I have is to store all those tasks in the same project and section, and make a reference to that section instead of a task… Or use a tag?

1 Like

Can we make links to a section?
(or do you mean hard reference?)

I have never used tags, would you have more information about it?

Thanks very much for your suggestions!

Can we make links to a section?
(or do you mean hard reference?)

I have never used tags, would you have more information about it?

You can’t link to a section but you can link to the project and mention the section name. For tags, you could have a unique tag applied on the initial task, it would be copied on any future recurring tasks, and if clicked or searched you can find all tasks with that tag (hence finding the latest one). Does this help?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.